CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
Joseph L. Roberts

Profile:
Any Chance of doing CrossFit Nutrition Cert by VTC?

The Nutrition Cert was talked about at the CF level 1 Cert in Va Beach this past. Which oh by the way was awesome and I learned sooooooooooo much.

The Nutrition Cert has a really great price for attendance and I'm sure is worth while. Since it's a one day cert, here's what I was thinking......

What if you had the option of both being in person or Video Tele Conf. (VTC)
For example It has it's primary location in SF this weekend. Participating CF around the country could pre-pay (like other certs) and watch from their own CrossFit for the day online. I think the amout of viewers would be huge.

out here on the east coast It would be cool to go to your own CF, do an SOS, then use that day to watch the Nutrition Cert from your local CF affiliate.

There are pro's and con's to it I know. But since this first one is on the west coast it would give alot of people over here on the east coast a chance to take part as well and vice versa.

CF already does digital coaching which can be near real time or real time if you wanted to. So maybe a cert like this is possible. Now obviously all other hands on certs is a different story.

Take it to the next level. you could take questions both from the audience and some online at the same time.

If any packets of info are involved then just have everyone pre-pay by a a certain date and give then the option of either getting mailed a hard copy or even better and e-packet just like the CF e-journal.

Now I would have my e-packet for the cert while i'm watcing the cert live from my local CrossFit as well.

I'd like to here people's opinions on something like this
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
Brandon Hopkins

Profile:
Re: Any Chance of doing CrossFit Nutrition Cert by VTC?

I think the problem would come from the variety of internet connections people would have.

For those out there who use the computer for things other then looking up the CF WOD you would know internet connections and LAG become an issue. The only way I can see it working is selling a hard copy recording of the entire presentation. Real time feedback with Hundreds of participants online would be too much. If they were to limit the amount of people allowed to participate however that might be a different story but you have to check into their connection quality.

And then think of the money lost if their ISP went down or Power went out, etc etc. That and if your sitting all day at home and have kids or another priority comes up, your missing out on the discussions. Better to be at the presentation, in person, with no other distractions.

It's a good idea, but I just think there would be too many problems with not enough hands on help.

If you isolated it to 10 or so people with an instructor focusing on just the participants online, that could possibly work.

Just my .02$

Last edited by Brandon Hopkins; 07-17-2008 at 09:38 AM..
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Nick Hanson

Profile:

Dude he is coming to Virginia. Why don't you just go to that.

http://*************/?p=104 wfs
Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Joseph L. Roberts

Profile:

Was not aware of that. Great to know. Thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Nick Hanson

Profile:

My pleasure. I am going to the cert this weekend. I will write a review for everybody after.

Nick