CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
Justin Shive

Profile:
Rogue Fitness Quality and Service

Wanted to post a quick story of my recent experience with Rogue Fitness:

I ordered the Bravo Crossfit package last Tuesday/Wednesday. The entire package, minus the 25lb bumpers (backordered), arrived at my house Friday afternoon. Amazingly fast shipping!

Unfortunately, they had misshipped the SR-3 speed rope, which I had requested be replaced with a SR-1 for the cost difference (this had been previously arranged). I contacted Rogue as soon as I noticed that the wrong speed rope had been shipped and they immediately sent a replacement. In fact, the correct speed rope arrived at the same time as my original order.

As soon as I had a moment that weekend, I assembled the S-1 Squat Stand (very easy assembly). After assembly and leveling I put the J-Cups on and rested the bar on them to test stability. Unfortunately, I didn't look closely at the J-Cups and one of the hex screws which holds the UHMW plastic onto the J-Cup was protruding and put a scratch in my brand new bar! I looked closer and the hex screw was protruding because it had been crossthread on assembly. I tried to remove it hoping that I could reseat it straighter. It was extremely tight but after some effort I got the hex screw out. Try as I might I could not get the hex screw to go in enough to seat properly into the plastic, and it remained at a slight angle. At this point I emailed Rogue, not asking for a return or replacement, but to give them a heads up that their manufacturer had screwed up (ha, pun!) the J-cup assembly (after all there is no excuse for a screw being crossthread and being missed in QC). They emailed me back asking for a picture and they are sending me a brand new J-Cup set! I'm going to send the original set back so they can see the defect (they are providing a label).

Overall, a very good experience so far with Rogue, despite the issues experienced. It is very refreshing to do business with a US company who obviously values their customers! I will be a repeat customer.

Last edited by Justin Shive : 08-13-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
William Henniger

Profile:
Re: Rogue Fitness Quality and Service

Justin

Sorry for the issues. Glad they were resolved quickly.

We definitely are not perfect but I guarantee we take every issue very seriously and work to get a corrective action in place.

Thanks again for the feedback

Bill
Old 08-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Justin Shive

Profile:

Thanks Bill, you guys have been great. I know things don't always go right, but the companies that know how to fix the problems when they come up are those that succeed.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
William Henniger

Profile:

Now you gotta break that stuff in!

Bill
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Justin Shive

Profile:

Heck yeah!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
John Joseph Luca

Profile:

I can agree, Rogue is TOP NOTCH... to say it nicely I am a *****y customer and Rogue went above and beyond.

I thought my wife was the only one that could put up with me
Old 08-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Bryan Hood

Profile:

And that is why Rogue is the best in the business. Although not always the least expensive, you get what you pay for. You also get the best customer service in the industry. I will always pay more for quality customer service and Rogue provides that. Not to mention that the owner of the company cares enough to comment in this post. That's dedication to their customers. There are lots of copy cats out there but when the dust settles Rogue will still be on top. Well done Bill.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Joey Dussel

Profile:

It refreshing to see a company that doesn't spend any time trying to deny that mistakes can happen...instead using that time to fix the mistake.

-Joey
Old 08-31-2013, 03:22 AM   #9
Justin R Johnson

Profile:

That's one reason why I love these guys so much. Every thing they do is quality, and if they screw up, they own it and fix it. No worries, no excuses. Perfect example of how a business should be run.

That's why I decided to be an affiliate with them and promote their products on my blog. I know my readers are probably sick of me talking about it, but they seriously are a great company. Good work Rogue.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:42 AM   #10
Michelle Stafford

Profile:

Yes, Rogue Fitness is hands down the best equipment company!!!!! I have outfitted my entire garage with their badass equipment. Their customer service is off the charts amazing too!!! Thanks Rogue!!!