CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #511
Nick Harris
Member Nick Harris is offline
 
Nick Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tulsa  OK
Posts: 1,467
Re: A Bears Tale

Great job achieving your PR on Helen! 8:25 is an awesome time!
__________________
M | 42 | 6'0" | 193lbs "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers" Henry V
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...&highlight=279
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #512
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
WOW- Nice job with Helen. It's a good one! I was 2 min behind (and doing jumping PUs).
Thanks Christin, I will be going for sub 8 next time. Jumping pull ups must keep the heart pumping massively during Helen, the pull-ups is where i get my breath back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
Great job achieving your PR on Helen! 8:25 is an awesome time!
Thanks Nick , bottled it slightly on my last run, first two runs on treadmill at 16k, last one I left it at 15k , next time I will take extra pain!!

Friday 22nd August 2008

ANGIE

100 Pull Ups (5.32)
100 Push Ups (very good)
100 Sit Ups (broke into 3 sets)
100 Squats (broke into 4 sets) - 13.39.82 PR old pr 14.33

meeeowww Richy boy!!! I can go faster, had a few beers last night and felt heavy on pull ups and bit dehydrated. Next time sub 13.
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:45 AM   #513
Richard Macaulay
Member Richard Macaulay is offline
 
Richard Macaulay's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Berwick  Scotland
Posts: 2,627
Re: A Bears Tale

Awesome times mate....check my logg, iv got a question for you.

Ricky
__________________
It isnt the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:21 AM   #514
Nick Harris
Member Nick Harris is offline
 
Nick Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tulsa  OK
Posts: 1,467
Re: A Bears Tale

Great job Scott on your PR! That is a great time! Did you do any other type of strength training today?
__________________
M | 42 | 6'0" | 193lbs "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers" Henry V
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...&highlight=279
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:43 AM   #515
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
Great job Scott on your PR! That is a great time! Did you do any other type of strength training today?
Just some shoulder press , low weights , high reps as had few problems with the negatives giving me shoulder pain. Only went up to 50k so didnt want to log it. Hope your backs feeling better and dont stop putting the ice on even if you think it is fully healed. A lot of athletes at the games I noticed icing hamstrings etc even when they had no injuries just as a precaution. I found this quite interesting and now ice bodyparts I hit hard.
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:52 AM   #516
Richard Macaulay
Member Richard Macaulay is offline
 
Richard Macaulay's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Berwick  Scotland
Posts: 2,627
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Just some shoulder press , low weights , high reps as had few problems with the negatives giving me shoulder pain. Only went up to 50k so didnt want to log it. Hope your backs feeling better and dont stop putting the ice on even if you think it is fully healed. A lot of athletes at the games I noticed icing hamstrings etc even when they had no injuries just as a precaution. I found this quite interesting and now ice bodyparts I hit hard.
Iv always used ice if theres swelling, otherwise i tend to use heat paks more,if i muscle is prone to tightening up, the heat will help prevent that from happening, hence why we warm up before excercise instead of doing things with cold tight muscles?!Just my 2 cents.

Ricky
__________________
It isnt the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:54 AM   #517
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
Iv always used ice if theres swelling, otherwise i tend to use heat paks more,if i muscle is prone to tightening up, the heat will help prevent that from happening, hence why we warm up before excercise instead of doing things with cold tight muscles?!Just my 2 cents.

Ricky
I read about your microwave bag yesterday, I will get one tomorrow as I always have at least one injury. In Britain its not 2 cents Ricky its 1 pence!!
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:58 AM   #518
Richard Macaulay
Member Richard Macaulay is offline
 
Richard Macaulay's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Berwick  Scotland
Posts: 2,627
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
I read about your microwave bag yesterday, I will get one tomorrow as I always have at least one injury. In Britain its not 2 cents Ricky its 1 pence!!
Haha is it still one pence, or is it 1/2 pence lol.

yeh there good,3 mintues tops is all you need, and even then you cant put it directly on skin. put it outside clothes, then as it cool place it on skin. I get one ready so u can fall asleep with it in on sore area. Iv got a couple though they always go missing in my house lol.

Is your shoulder still bugging you?

Do you think iceing all the time is the best thing for nicks back. If its past the initial injury maybe heating and stretching/gently manipulation would be better for it?!


Ricky
__________________
It isnt the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Last edited by Richard Macaulay : 08-22-2008 at 05:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 AM   #519
Nick Harris
Member Nick Harris is offline
 
Nick Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tulsa  OK
Posts: 1,467
Re: A Bears Tale

I honestly don't know what to do for my lower back. I have had issues with it back in my early soccer days. Early 20's. I have always been limber, but when the back decides to give out it gives out. I think my muscles are really weak in the lower back so it doesn't help.

I have used the heat pack in the past, they work well. I will probably hit up my trainer friend in New York to see what she recommends for icing and heating. When both are appropriate.
__________________
M | 42 | 6'0" | 193lbs "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers" Henry V
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...&highlight=279
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:16 AM   #520
Richard Macaulay
Member Richard Macaulay is offline
 
Richard Macaulay's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Berwick  Scotland
Posts: 2,627
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
I honestly don't know what to do for my lower back. I have had issues with it back in my early soccer days. Early 20's. I have always been limber, but when the back decides to give out it gives out. I think my muscles are really weak in the lower back so it doesn't help.

I have used the heat pack in the past, they work well. I will probably hit up my trainer friend in New York to see what she recommends for icing and heating. When both are appropriate.


Yeh there is definately time for both!

Im a heat man myself, any sore stiff muscle after 24-48hrs after injury im using heat.

Try doing some extra work/stretches on your back my friend. Lie flat on back arms out/legs together (You'l be in a cross shape), Take left leg and keeping it as straight as possible try and move it accross your body to touch right hand. Return to start and do this with right leg. Try and keep shoulders on ground as much as you can throughout. Good stretch.

before excercise do some joint mobilisation. Laterally flex your spine (standing straight,hands by sides and tilt left and right). Also rotate your spine (stand straight, arms up at 90degrees and twist body one side then the other tryint o keep hips facing foreword throughout).

You could also try wearing a belt while lifting heavy. I know this is believed by some to weaken your back muscles as they are not having to work as hard....BUT i have used one while lifting in heaviest sets, and it has actually stopped back pain. Case in point: i would usually get spasms in back when doing prolonged manual labour (digging etc), but after starting with belt that has not happend anymore. Only use it for heaviest sets.

Rant over.lol.

Ricky
__________________
It isnt the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It has begun - Another SS tale - Back from the future Frederic Giraud Workout Logs 10 03-12-2008 06:40 PM
The antioxidant myth: a medical fairy tale Paul Symes Nutrition 11 08-24-2006 10:54 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.