CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 11-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Amanda Buckner

Profile:
Fight Blog

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a blog to document my training/fights. I'm fighting in the Philippines on December 8, right now on the blog I'm doing a daily training log leading up to the event. For anyone wondering who the heck I am my name is Amanda Buckner and I'm an mma fighter with a 11-4-1 record. I've been fighting for over five years. I use crossfit and crossfit style workouts a lot so thought you guys might be interested in following along. If so you can see the site here. This link is safe for everyone though I will put up photos and videos of fight related stuff.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: Fight Blog

Knock 'em dead (well, almost), Amanda!

Thanks for posting a link to your blog.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Ellen Stenard

Profile:

Way cool, Amanda, thanks for the link. Do you ever worry that keeping such a detailed training blog could give your opponent an advantage?

Have you fought since your win over Hitomi in St. Petersburg? I was lucky enough to be there to see your fight in person, you looked great, very strong. Best of luck next weekend, I'm so exited to see team MMA that includes women!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
Jonathan Rich

Profile:

Good to see on here Amanda. I hope you're doing well.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
Amanda Buckner

Profile:

Ellen - This will be my first fight since Hitomi. That's crazy that you were there. I've been trying to find a fight since then but things got a little crazy with Bodog but that's all been worked out now. I've had a bunch of people ask me about that whole opponent reading the blog thing but it's not something I'm worried about. The truth is that there are really no secrets any more. With youtube and the like you can find footage on pretty much anyone. I think if the girl I'm fighting were to actually read it it would only benefit me. Either she would underestimate my training which would make her come in overconfident or she'd overestimate the training in which case her confidence might be shaky. Of course I wouldn't really post anything specific about strategy or anything like that. They're supposedly going to be streaming the fight live on the promotions website if you guys want to try and check it out on the 8th. Here's the site (w/f safe)
Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 AM   #6
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:

This is really cool.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
Bernard Edwards

Profile:

Amanda,

I train out of Lloyd Irvin's in the DC area and just wanted to tell you how impressed I am of you as a fighter, trainer, wife, and school owner. I know I don't personally know you, but everything you display proves that you are an ambasador for our sport of MMA and good people in general.

I'm not sure how accessable you will be over the next few months/years, so I am letting you know now while you still grace us little people on the message board...lol Just kidding, but I totally understand that your life is crazy busy - thanks for taking the time to create such an awesome blog - you are the new generation/gender Randy Coture!!!

Bernard
Old 12-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
Amanda Buckner

Profile:

Thanks a lot for the kind words from everyone and for taking the time to check out the blog. I'm in the Philippines right now waiting for the weigh ins which will take place in a few hours. The fight will air live on the promotions website (site contains some violent content)at midnight eastern time if anyone wants to try and check it out. I don't have a lot of faith in these internet broadcasts but maybe this one will work.