CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Richard Macaulay

Profile:
Milk or AD

Hey guys, when i used to use bodybuilding programs i ate big time protrein each day and gained 30lbs in 14months. Not all was muscle but most was.

Iv been doing CF for couple months now and feel great, strength is up and feel fit (i play rugby so fitnessis pretty good anyway).

Due to poor eating over last couple of weeks (busy), iv lost a couple of pounds again (im 6'1 and about 205). Im now looking to ge the scale moving back up again, but not sure i want to force feed myself like i did before.

Iv been really kinda lathargic and sluggish recently (comes and goes), so im thinking i need more fat in my diet.
Considering either the AD diet or the MILK one, or a combo of the 2.

Im just switching to the hybrid program whihc had more heavy lifting (olympic lifts/gymnastic moves), as well as metcons usually under 10 minutes.

Cheers in advance for your views guys.

Ricky

Last edited by Richard Macaulay : 09-03-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 09-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Anthony Militello

Profile:
Re: Milk of AD

Zone diet + 2-5x your fat blocks. If your not happy after the first 4 weeks, add a half gallon/whole gallon of whole milk.

Keep your weights super heavy and don't forget to rest.

Good luck bud.
-Anthony
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Militello View Post
Zone diet + 2-5x your fat blocks. If your not happy after the first 4 weeks, add a half gallon/whole gallon of whole milk.

Keep your weights super heavy and don't forget to rest.

Good luck bud.
-Anthony
Mate i appreciate your reply but i know sweet Fcuk all about Zaone! Iv asked before if you could bulk with zone but was told you couldnt.

I burna lot of cals with rugby, so you think zone with milk could work (like 2 diets in 1)?!

Ricky
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
Anthony Militello

Profile:

You can't put on size with zone? Really? So taking in up to 5 blocks more of fat (a pretty decent load of calories) plus introducing a half gallon of whole milk won't put on weight? If this is the case for you, you’re not squatting/deadlifting heavy enough or you’re not resting enough.

Extra calories + Lifting heavy $hit + Enough rest = Bigger gains...Nuff' said.

Also...so some person told you you couldn't gain weight while following the zone? Zone is about balancing the 3 macro's and can be manipulated to suit any individual need. Up in blocks = More weight gain....Down in blocks = ....well...you get the idea.

Anyway, I guess if you can't gain mass while on the zone it must of been due to the steroids I didn't take while training...

I'm just sayin'...

Last edited by Anthony Militello : 09-03-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Quote:
You can't put on size with zone? Really? So taking in up to 5 blocks more of fat (a pretty decent load of calories) plus introducing a half gallon of whole milk won't put on weight? If this is the case for you, you’re not squatting/deadlifting heavy enough or you’re not resting enough.

Extra calories + Lifting heavy $hit + Enough rest = Bigger gains...Nuff' said.

Also...so some person told you you couldn't gain weight while following the zone? Zone is about balancing the 3 macro's and can be manipulated to suit any individual need. Up in blocks = More weight gain....Down in blocks = ....well...you get the idea.

Anyway, I guess if you can't gain mass while on the zone it must of been due to the steroids I didn't take while training...

I'm just sayin'...
I'm guessing with his activity level he won't bulk even at 2-5x fat. Being a former rugger myself, the Zone won't cut it if he wants to add muscle.

I'd go with the milk myself and just eat "clean", mainly paleo foods. AD is a process (I've done it).. milk is relatively cheap and easy.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
Anthony Militello

Profile:

Again...The Zone is a balance of the macros...so you can still zone while taking in 5-8000kcalories...This is what I am getting at. And as Rip has stated on ************, Milk is smiply a means to easily consume 2600+ extra calories a day. So upping all of your ZONE blocks so that your caloric intake is around 5kcalories + a half gallon to a whole gallon of whole milk won't put on mass? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...

Are you guys getting my point?...
Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Again...The Zone is a balance of the macros...so you can still zone while taking in 5-8000kcalories...This is what I am getting at. And as Rip has stated on ************, Milk is smiply a means to easily consume 2600+ extra calories a day. So upping all of your ZONE blocks so that your caloric intake is around 5kcalories + a half gallon to a whole gallon of whole milk won't put on mass? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...

Are you guys getting my point?...
Ok buddy, i get you. Dont get ****ed off.

Thanks for your reply.

Ricky
Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
Anthony Militello

Profile:

Haha...I'm not ****ed off...Just at work. The sarcastic remarks are for the sake of me not going out of my mind lol! Sorry...

Good luck.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Haha...I'm not ****ed off...Just at work. The sarcastic remarks are for the sake of me not going out of my mind lol! Sorry...

Good luck.
Im Not long in myself (its 5.50 here in scotland), do you zone mate? What are your goals/stats?

Ricky
Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #10
Nick Hanson

Profile:

I would still agree with Derek. Even at 5 times fat that is just a maintenance level not a growth. Also like Derek said eat Paleo, as much as you can and then add the milk on top. You know what you need to do. You have done it before.