CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
Charles Roger Kahn

Profile:
I'm starting this thread to find out if/or how many christian crossfitters there are out there.Myself,I have been a christian for about 13 years,and at this time am a pastor of a small church in my area.I hope that I have not offended anyone,but I'm always interested in fellow christians and thier interest.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Josh Brehm

Profile:
I'm also a christian, but sort of a radical, if I expressed my true beliefs and ideas, I'd get kicked out of most churches in the US. I go against the typical US christian ideas/philosophies the same way I see crossfit goes against what's typically known to the majority of americans about fitness, I guess that's why I love CF so much.

I've been a christian for my whole life, and too am interested in seeing how many christians we got on here.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Josh Everett

Profile:
I accepted Christ as my personal savior! I might not be the best example all the time but I am a Christian.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Daniel Fannin

Profile:
Sweet. I'm not the brightest light under the barrel, but I'm here.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
Clay Shelley

Profile:
I'm a Christian as well :-)

Old 07-31-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
Robert Brown

Profile:
I became a Christian when I accepted Christ as a teenager. I have this verse in my Citadel ring. 2 Tim 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Check out Matt Hughes web. I like his Army of the One t-shirts. http://www.matt-hughes.com/

Old 07-31-2006, 06:48 PM   #7
Karl Geissler

Profile:
First of all, I am a Christian, however in my opinion this is not a time or place to share my testimony. If you want to hear about my struggles with the Lord, the walk to find Him, and the life that I now enjoy because of Him, then I invite you to get to know me.

Secondly, I almost posted this link today, because it is an awesome article about the last days of Reggie White. http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...um-white_x.htm

Personally, I am bothered by the "assumptions" that are made when you confess your faith. If I say that I am a Christian, it is automatically assumed that I am of a certain political philosophy. That is why I have appreciated getting to know people in this community. It should not matter, we all share a common interest in the pursuit of fitness.

Charles-do not concern yourself about p***ing someone off by confessing your faith. That is a non-issue. Christ is not about judgement. He is about saving us from death. Share that love with others.
Bottom line

Old 07-31-2006, 06:55 PM   #8
Lori Vescio

Profile:
I was raised Christian. Though I'm no longer an official member of the community, I deeply respect the faith. :happy:

Old 07-31-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
John Kaupp

Profile:
Raised Christian and still am. Not currently affiliated with any church, but still have a relationship with the Lord. I am very blessed and thank God everyday for them.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #10
Steven Low

Profile:
I am as well. Am in the process of trying to find a good church since I recently moved out of my parents house.

Fitness is awesome. Gotta take good care of the body.

(Message edited by braindx on July 31, 2006)

Closed Thread