CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Daniel Hicker

Profile:
New Crossfit Diehard, training for BUD/S

Hey all,
I just want to start by saying that you guys rock! I've been lurking around on the site for about a month, doing the WOD and seeking help via the WOD comments. I have received some useful, friendly help, and most importantly, a kick @$$ workout that varies everyday. I LOVE IT! So, I decided to register on the board and become a regular. I've messed around with different workouts and various diets before (including Paleo) and I have to say, since I've found Crossfit, I've been hooked!

I'm currently serving in the Navy and am training to be a SEAL. I plan on going to BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demoliton/SEAL) training next year, and I plan on Crossfit being the tool that helps me be successful there. They say BUD/S is the most difficult military training in the world, and preparing for it is more difficult than most people want to mess with. However, I am confident that by sticking with the WOD and training hard, I will be mentally and physically tough enough to be successful and join this great, elite group of men who protect our Country in more ways than people can even imagine.

Thank you Coach, for sharing your experience and expertise, and helping us all to be the best that we can be. I look forward to sharing this life changing experience with you all and I thank you in advance for the answers to my questions that I'm sure I'll have.

Thanks again,
Daniel

Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Mike Breslin

Profile:
Re: New Crossfit Diehard, training for BUD/S

Hey Man,

Frist off, congrats and good luck. Second, check out http://navyseals.com/training-fitness. It is a Crossfit site dedicated to prepping for SEALS. Sort of Crossfit on endurance athlete crack. Link is WFS.

Mike Breslin
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Daniel Hicker

Profile:
Re: New Crossfit Diehard, training for BUD/S

I've been a regular over on the navyseal.com forums for a couple years. That where I first heard about Crossfit. I visit them every day to read tips and advice from some of the very knowledgeable extreme athletes there, as well as a few Ex-SEALS and even a couple currently serving SEALs.

Thanks for the link though, I appreciate the thought.