CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Tina Daneshmand

Profile:
Thumbs up Donny Shankle Olympic Lifting Seminar - San Diego 07/22/2012

Hey everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I wish the board had a regions section or something. Anyway, Donny Shankle is hosting an olympic lifting seminar in San Diego on July 22nd at Crossfit Coronado. I think this would be a unique opportunity for people to get coached by a 5x national olympic lifting champion. He's ranked 2nd in the entire country (& 1st in his weight class) & he's going to be teaching all the fundamentals of the clean & jerk & snatch over an 8 hour period. He won't be back out here for a really long time because he just relocated to South Carolina.

Not sure how many people of you are familiar with him but he jerks 500+ pounds & hang cleans 440# like nothing. You can YouTube a bunch of his videos. He's a monster with impeccable technique & an incredible teacher.

You guys should come to the seminar, it's capped at 20 people.

http://donnyshankle.myshopify.com/ (wfs)
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: Donny Shankle Olympic Lifting Seminar - San Diego 07/22/2012

wow - that would be awesome. I can't make it, but that would be a great opportunity for those that can.

I worked out at CF Coronado a few times a couple years ago - back when my dad was living there.
From what I remember it was a smallish place with a funky "L" shape to the workout floor - has the box moved, or still in the same location?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Tina Daneshmand

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
wow - that would be awesome. I can't make it, but that would be a great opportunity for those that can.

I worked out at CF Coronado a few times a couple years ago - back when my dad was living there.
From what I remember it was a smallish place with a funky "L" shape to the workout floor - has the box moved, or still in the same location?
I'm not sure if it's moved or not since I live in Los Angeles, but the shape of the box shouldn't be an issue for the seminar. I wouldn't doubt that it's small, I've looked at photos of the location & it looks small. I suppose I'll find out in 10 days when I head out there.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Andrew Bell

Profile:

holy smokes I want in..... come to texas..... please..... !!!