CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Chuck_Martin

Profile:
Diet Input

Incredibly new to Crossfit. Did two workouts at my local Crossfit affiliate this week and enjoy it incredibly. Have had so many problems with getting into a workout program that makes me feel like I want to be at the gym. Have done Starting Strength before and got good strength gains and did leangains style intermittent fasting with good results as well as far as fat loss went (Carb cycling and a 16/8 schedule)

However I now work a borderline 12 hour a day on some days job so most of my meals have to be packed. Really wanting to get the same meals in every day as I feel routine is a good key to success (At least for me anyways).

Wanting to nail pretty close to a paleo diet. I hate vegetables though (Besides lettuce, carrots, green beans, some tomatoes and corn) so its a little hard to hit it perfectly. I've cut out pretty much all processed foods besides beans and I still eat sweet potatoes on a daily basis (Legit my favorite food).

Eating about a pound of grass fed beef throughout the day along with about 6 eggs and about a half pound of chicken. I weigh 225 and am 6'2 tall. Aiming at a 40 c/30 p/30 f split but not sure how to set it up well/what to eat that is actually calorically dense and not overly processed besides beans and potatoes. Just wanting some input.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Mitch Moore

Profile:
Re: Diet Input

Scotch eggs are a great way to pack in protien and fat for an on the go person! Hard boil an egg, wrap it with sausage, and fry it in coconut oil (you can also bake it). Delicious and paleo.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Larry Bruce

Profile:

Look into quinoa or buckwheat. Both are high protein/high calorie/non-gluten. I believe both are seeds, at least quinoa.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Chuck_Martin

Profile:

Was wondering a good breakdown of Macros? I don't like to get into percentages as after a while it just becomes way to much a chore... for weight/fat loss does High Protein, Moderate Fats and Lower Carbs work or is there to much of a performace dip?

I'd say I am at about 20% bodyfat or so. This week diet has been looking like...

Breakfast:
4 Eggs (24 G Protein and don't really know how much fat)
6 slices of bacon (15 G Protein)
Strawberrys

Easy on the go breakfast. Hard to really take time to make something extravagant

Lunch:
Grilled chicken salad with about 1/3 lb griled chicken (Probably 30 or so g of protein)
Handful of some sort of nuts

Pre Workout:
Usually a banana or some sort of fruit for some sort of carbs for my workout

Post Workout:
About a half pound of any sort of meat (Usually red) and homemade sweet potato fries.

Just looking for some input. Wanting to get down to 200-205 lbs and a significantly lower bodyfat.

Also Scotch Eggs are delicious! Had them before but forgot. Never fried them... hmmm .