CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #631
Kiko Llaneras

Profile:
Re: Gslp

Thanks Eric, that really help. I will keep working and will select better metcons (more row, running, and things like that, I guess).

Just one thing: I am not sure what mobility work is
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #632
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Foam rolling, self-myofascial release, trigger point therapy, mobilitywod.com type stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #633
Vladimir Demirev

Profile:

Thanks for clearing things up for me Eric.I guess I've really dug in a little too deep but just want to make it right and reap all the benefits
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #634
Boris Roman

Profile:

I've been following GSLP for about a year now and read the ebook a few times. Doing great so far!

But I still have a question, mabye I forgot the answer, but I can't find it by using the search-function, because 'rest' is used too often ;-) I've re-read the book a few times and can't find an answer anymore, maybe im blind...

So, how much rest between the sets is recommended? I used to rest about 3 min between the big 3 set main-exercises and about 2 min between the lighter 2 set addon-exercises. Ok like that? Longer or shorter? Thinking too much?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #635
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

However much you need so that you're not negatively affected by the previous set. If you're squatting difficult sets of 5, it might be 5 minutes.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #636
Chris Jones

Profile:

Only been doing GSLP for a little over a month now but im really liking it. Was following my box's programming for about 6 months and losing a good bit of weight(body fat mostly) but seeing no real strength gains. I was doing strength here and there but nothing steady, i believe my body responds well to volume and consistency. My 1RM on squats starting out was around 200-210, this morning i did 5x5x14@170 so im seeing good gains and feel good while im lifting. Ive been jumping 10 lbs at a time since i purposely started low on the lower body movements to focus on form, and every week so far ive added the 10lbs and gotten basically the same amount of reps so im happy. Also picked up about 10lbs of bodyweight even though im basically following the same diet but im piddling with CBL on the 3 days before i lift. So far so good
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 AM   #637
Vladimir Demirev

Profile:

Hi guys,

I posted this on the injuries section but decided that I might get some good ideas here as well. So here's the deal:

I have an inflamed biceps tendon which is causing shoulder pain.I'm starting physiotherapy today for 10 days and was advised to stop all upper body/arms exercises.

Therefore I need advice on how to modify my GSLP program.
I guess all push-ups/chins/presses/curls/deadlift/rows/power cleans are better to stay out,which leaves me with the following:

1)on squat days-high-bar back squats and probably some other leg assistance exercise
2)on deadlift days-heavy good mornings and back extensions/ghd
3)on conditioning days-running only(100m,200m,400m repeats,etc.)

How does this sound?

Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vlad
Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #638
Graham Fedorak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Demirev View Post
Hi guys,

I posted this on the injuries section but decided that I might get some good ideas here as well. So here's the deal:

I have an inflamed biceps tendon which is causing shoulder pain.I'm starting physiotherapy today for 10 days and was advised to stop all upper body/arms exercises.

Therefore I need advice on how to modify my GSLP program.
I guess all push-ups/chins/presses/curls/deadlift/rows/power cleans are better to stay out,which leaves me with the following:

1)on squat days-high-bar back squats and probably some other leg assistance exercise
2)on deadlift days-heavy good mornings and back extensions/ghd
3)on conditioning days-running only(100m,200m,400m repeats,etc.)

How does this sound?

Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vlad
I've only been doing GSLP for 4 months, but when your shoulder settles down, think about subbing incline/decline bench press for flat bench for a little while.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #639
Chris Jones

Profile:

Paulo, Eric and anybody else that can help I've got a question. I'm going to have to miss today's workout because of life stuff getting in the way, so how do I adjust the rest of the week? Do I just do my workout tomorrow and do Wednesday as usual? Or do I make this a Tu Tr week and do one set of each group instead of the usual 3 days?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #640
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

I would just pick up tomorrow where you left off then probably push Wednesday back to Thursday, and Friday to Saturday, then pick up as usual next Monday after resting Sunday.