CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Ryan McNally

Profile:
Guelph Crossfit vs Gridiron Crossfit (Guelph)

Hey guys looking for some help here. Being doing Crossfit for a while at a local good life gym in Guelph. I'm getting sick of not having the right equipment and having to change my workouts cause of it. There are two crossfit gyms in Guelph and I'm trying to decide which one to go to. Crossfit Guelph has been around longer and seem to have more trainers an more training times. Gridiron Crossfit is a newer box and do crossfit football. Not sure if anyone on here has been to either one and can suggest which is better in terms of how they program, trainers, facility etc. thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Brent Latimer

Profile:
Re: Guelph Crossfit vs Gridiron Crossfit (Guelph)

What are your goals?

If you want to get bigger, stronger, powerful and faster then CF Football will do you well.

I've dropped in at CF Guelph once a year or so ago, seemed like a great place to train.

If you're ever up in Port Elgin stop by EAG Crossfit.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Michael Fall

Profile:

Hi Ryan,

I am the owner at CrossFit Guelph. What I suggest is you come in and try a class with us then go and try a class with them. See what you like and see which is a better fit for you.

Although we do not technically offer CFFB our strength programming is as tight as it gets. We take our strength programming from the likes of Dan John, Jim Wendler, and Rip, to name a few. We run a linear progression strength section in each class with cycles ranging from 2 to 4 months depending on how long our members respond to them.

Thanks for the shout out Brent. Hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Fall
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Jenny Howes

Profile:

In response to the Guelph Crossfit vs. Gridiron Crossfit....I have been a member at Gridiron for the past several months. I began Crossfitting about 3 years ago and have visited many larger boxes only to find my home at Gridiron.

I started at Firepower in Milton, where I was introduced to the foundations of Crossfit. From there, I went to Element in Mississauga then Kitchener Crossfit. All of these gyms had their own benefits for me, but the staff and the membership at Gridiron are far superior. The trainers are knowledgeable and have a genuine interest in me achieving my goals. They are motivating and positive. The owner, Chris Sinclair, has an extensive background in olympic lifting therefore, what I have gained in strength and technique far outweigh what I ever achieved before Gridiron.

The membership are truly inspiring. From a 64 year old woman who competed at the games in California to the young enthusiastic 20 somethings that just have a passion to achieve the best of themselves in fitness. We are all one there. There is no arrogance. No know-it-alls. We encourage one another to be better, stronger, fitter, and faster. Thats what its all about. Thats what you'll find at Gridiron.