CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 07-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
Justin Rawley

Profile:

Most anyone who is a rock climber usually hits the local climbing gym a few times a week. One exercise that is often used for warm-up is the lateral traversal down one wall. Depending on the length of the wall, you go all the way down (and back depening on the size of the facility and your own level), rest a min and do it again for about ten reps. If you have access to a bouldering room or a wall with a slight overhaning pitch (say 30% or so), all the more challenging. My idea is that between sets, put a bar (a fat bar if you are ambitious or want to give your grip a really good workout) and do singles of hang cleans between wall sets. Of course, you could use any variation on any of the o-lifts as the mood suits. It's just an idea and I myself have never tried it, but I was sitting around dreaming up this stuff one day and thought it might be an interesting combo.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:36 AM   #2
Andrew Cattermole

Profile:
Nice one Justin,I am also a keen RC but don't use indoor gyms(money reasons)and only get out to redpoint and train.But I have had a lot of sucess using DB swings and this Bear format of training.
www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/274bear.jsp
Through in an Overhead squat and feel the pump
Olifts Rule