CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
John L. Mclaughlin

Profile:
AtLarge Nutrition

Does anyone have any reviews/insight to offer on AtLarge Nutrition's products? Are they effective( do they do what they say they will do)? Are they clean? Do they mix well with various liquids? Is their customer service good? Any answers would be great!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Jason Rahm

Profile:
Re: AtLarge Nutrition

I have been using AtLarge for the last year and have found them to provide the advertised benefit. I use their BCAA pre-workout, and Results/Nitrean+ post workout. Those are the only products I've used and I feel more recovered, less sore, and have noticed strength gains more with these products than any other product I've tried. Chris Mason, the owner, is an active board member and provides solid advise. The only issue I have experienced is for a time there was quite a long backlog/wait period for products due to Chris's vendors. From the website Chris says that these issues have been sorted out.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Derek McLaughlin

Profile:

Dad, is that you?

But seriously, my dad's name is John.

Anyways, if you do some general browsing through this "Nutrition" forum, you will see many people talking up ALN. I personally have never tried any of their products, but from reviews and talk on these boards, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot.

Chris (ALN owner I believe) is always on here, offering advise, and explaining ALN's practices, so customer service is about as good as it gets.

Just my two cents.

See you at Christmas.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Chris Mason

Profile:

Well, the supplier crap is almost sorted out. I have a new one for my proteins and we are just about to release the new Nitrean+ BLACK Series. Opticen+ Black will follow relatively shortly thereafter. I am also seeking new suppliers for the balance of my products. I expect to have that sorted within a month. I previous made the mistake of trusting a single supplier for too long. They screwed me over and over for 6+ months and I finally was forced to make the very difficult decision to drop them. I very much appreciate the support and understanding of all of my loyal customers during this time. Onward and upward and trust me that moving forward this will all be a thing of the past.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

First, Chris's post above speaks to his integrity and honesty. I don't think you'd hear other supplement companies letting you know what is going on. They'd probably try to sell the issue as the demand is so hot because the products are so effective.

Unlike other suppliers, Chris is available and backs up his word with his products and customer service.

I like the Nitrean +, BCAA's and Results.

Fair priced for the quality you get. Plus he doesn't sell any BS products.

Bonus points for being a supporter of the CrossFit community.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
Nicholas DaSilva

Profile:

I 2nd every positive comment given to Chris and his company. First off, customer service is second to none. Never have I ever had so much contact with the actual owner to a successful company that has actively improved so many lives. Also, Chris makes it a point to use the best ingredients and the least amount of "fillers" possible. A lot of crap supps out there, especially a very widely used supplement company by CFers that sponsors several athletes that shall remain nameless, use way too many fillers and are highly overpriced and provide less bang for the buck. Also, the deals ATL has over there are crazy sometimes and they are very frequent, if not weekly, assuredly, monthly. You dont have to wait for one of 4 holidays a year to get a deal. I stand behind every single one of ATL's products and would gladly vouch for Chris' constant presence on these boards helping people out and giving out advice that others would have you pay for. Rant done. Only other people I can even equate this to would be Bill Henniger over at Rogue, and the guys over at Again Faster but I've had a lot less contact with them than Chris.

- Nick

Last edited by Nicholas DaSilva : 10-16-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Not that I have been to the Games or am anybody special or anything, but I do use they products. Switched from ON ProComplex to Nitrean+. I think/hope it works, never noticed any differences on either (or any suppliment I have taken for that matter).

Last edited by Andrew Bell : 10-16-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
Jerol Roberts

Profile:

all ALN products I have used are easy on my stomach which is a huge plus for me. good good stuff. mixes better than any other product I've ever used. no weird after taste...I use Nitrean and results. switched from ON products about a year ago. sticking with ALN.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Sean Cummings

Profile:

I didnt see any samples of Nitrean, but how are you all liking the flavoring of Nitrean? What is the consistency of the protein when mixed in water or milk, a thicker or thinner drink?

Was thinking about picking up:
Nitrean+ Black Chocolate
Nitrean+ Coffee

Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
John L. Mclaughlin

Profile:

What exactly is Nitrean? Also, is the "Results" sup something similar to a muscle hardening/cutting sup? I've been looking for some sups that give me better bang for my buck. This looks like a protein sup, a PreWOD sup, and creatine. Speaking of creatine, does ALN have any creatine supps?

Closed Thread