CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
Silvio Guzman

Profile:
Re: Affiliation!!!!!

Im sure its coming soon for you Chris J... TJ have you heard back from them???
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
TJ Burbank

Profile:

Nothing!!! I am really starting to freak out. Hope to hear something this week.

Got the essay approval last Friday and completed the steps contained in the email Friday afternoon but still haven't heard back anything regarding final approval.

I have even emailed affiliate support since I am not sure exactly what to expect. The email from them said to complete the 3 steps but didn't say if final approval would need to be received before starting or if after completing steps you where good to go. So I have just been in a holding pattern waiting to hear something. I swear I have wore my teeth down the past 6 weeks in anticipation for all of this. Can't wait to get everything done and be able to sleep at night without my mind racing!!!

Thanks for your concern Silvio & good luck Chris J.

-TJ
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #13
Amy Penry

Profile:
Still Waiting....... :(

It's been almost 4weeks and still waiting.......... The suspense is killing me as we are ready to get going!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #14
Michael MacDowell

Profile:
Re: Still Waiting....... :(

Seems like initial affiliation decisions are taking 4.5 weeks right now. Got mine last Sunday night. Hang in there everyone!!! Finished my three steps last night post approval. Hard at work getting ready. So excited!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
Silvio Guzman

Profile:

I can imagine how you feel TJ... im sure someone on the board should be able to answer your questions. I would love to know as well. This process is a real nerve wrecker. ..lol... good luck to all my fellow applicants... lets keep our fingers crossed..
Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
Crystal Stott

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Burbank View Post
Nothing!!! I am really starting to freak out. Hope to hear something this week.

Got the essay approval last Friday and completed the steps contained in the email Friday afternoon but still haven't heard back anything regarding final approval.

I have even emailed affiliate support since I am not sure exactly what to expect. The email from them said to complete the 3 steps but didn't say if final approval would need to be received before starting or if after completing steps you where good to go. So I have just been in a holding pattern waiting to hear something. I swear I have wore my teeth down the past 6 weeks in anticipation for all of this. Can't wait to get everything done and be able to sleep at night without my mind racing!!!

Thanks for your concern Silvio & good luck Chris J.

-TJ
I applied two weeks ago and am curious as to the process as well. Do they approve you based on the essay and then contact you saying you are approved but you have to do three steps? And what are those three steps? Just wondering also if the WHOLE process took you guys 4/5 weeks or that's how long it took to hear you were approved. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
TJ Burbank

Profile:

I guess I overlooked part of the email previously because I was so excited about my application approval.

I found a section lower down on the email that says, until completing steps 1 through 3 and receive confirmation from us.

This answers my question.

I completed all 3 steps last Friday afternoon, and here is to hoping I hear great things from Affiliate Support tomorrow!!!

-TJ
Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
TJ Burbank

Profile:

UPDATE: This morning I received an email from Affiliate Support saying it's official, CrossFit BTH is now active.

I am now working on setting up the website as per their instructions so they can link to it.

This is one of the best days of my life!!!!

CrossFit and the Affiliate Team!!!

-TJ
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
Sean O'Boyle

Profile:

We just got approval for Affiliation, however, the name we asked for was denied. Is there a list of Affiliate names already used posted somewhere?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #20
Luke Conner

Profile:

I believe they have all the affiliates listed on the main crossfit.com page.