|01-13-2012, 10:04 AM||#1|
When ever i do heavy overhead movements my shoulders get really stiff the next morning, idk if its my rotator cuff or what. anyways i was just wondering what you guys recommend i do, take a few days off or just hit wods that have nothing to do with my upper body.
|01-13-2012, 06:11 PM||#2|
Re: Shoulder Problems
Need more information
If you want a real diagnosis, see an orthopedic doc.
If you want a guess by myself, we can do that..
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts. Tell me what tissue(s) it feels like it's hurting in, or if it's more superficial or deep in the joint?
2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt? Make sure you check both with passive motion and resistive/active motion. Also tell me when and what movements during these exercises are eliciting the pain?
3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?
6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?
7. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?
8. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?
9. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
10. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?
11. Any previous injury history?
12. How's your posture?
13. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
14. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Shoulder Problems||Thomas Mercer||Injuries||5||01-29-2008 01:31 PM|
|Shoulder problems||Daniel Mastracci||Injuries||1||05-18-2006 08:37 PM|
|Shoulder Joint Problems||Michael Terry||Injuries||5||05-18-2006 02:47 PM|
|Shoulder problems doing L-pullups||Mark Gebhard||Exercises||4||03-24-2005 12:11 PM|
|Shoulder problems...||Jay Edvardz||Injuries||0||11-20-2003 10:53 AM|