CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
Nalin Prabhu

Profile:
Re: CrossFit - Reekbok Apparel...

I'd rather buy shirts from affiliates I visit.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #12
Andrew Bell

Profile:

When I read the first 2 posts of the thread yesterday I was kind of excited to see the new stuff. I didn't get a chance to look at it till just now, Here was my reactions to looking over the stuff just now....

$18 for a pair of "no show" socks, when the womens' knee high is $12? How does that even begin to make sense when it's like 5 times the fabric?

Shorts for $60?

A pair of sweats for $80?

A gym bag for $100

I get it, it's April 1st right?
Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #13
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

After qualifying from Regionals they gave us a bunch of this stuff, so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Price -> Ridiculous.
Affiliate shirts/Rogue/AF/2POOD/LifeRx.....etc, support them.

The actual clothing itself is not bad....the shirts are not my favourite by any means but I do kinda like the whole Reebok|Crossfit logo.
The shorts are sweet, both the black fight style and the gray. Overpriced though....
The one thing I will say that MAY be worth a one time purchase if you can justify it (I'd rather see it at maybe $60-70) is the gym bag.
When I got this thing I had no idea what the price would be, or even that they would be selling them. My first comment was that its the best gym bag I've ever seen and still stand by that.
The material is very high quality, reinforced, etc. The straps are all seatbelt material so pretty much no chance of ripping/tearing. The buckles are solid. Tons of little extra pockets on the outside/inside to keep things like keys/tape/wallet/phone, etc out of the way of more typical gym stuff. And a sealed end pocket for wet stuff if you shower at the gym or have a particularly disgusting shirt.

No affiliation with Reebok, just giving my feedback on what they gave me.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #14
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Their prices are pretty comparable to LuluLemon, I think. And it's obvious that people are willing to pay for Lulu.

Personally, these work just fine for me. WFS
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #15
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan Reid View Post
Their prices are pretty comparable to LuluLemon, I think. And it's obvious that people are willing to pay for Lulu.
I still don't understand how/why anyone would by that Lulu stuff when you can still get
Nike/UA/Adidas top teir product for great prices. (wfs)

Is this RBK stuff supposed to be THAT much better?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McMahon View Post
You're right about supporting Reebok more than Crossfit. Reebok has to pay for the mass media marketing, paying athlete endorsers such as Peyton Manning and Sidney Crosby to wear their stuff and be in their commercials and all the market and product research that goes into an sports wear/equipment company. While I understand Reebok is a business and their goal is to make money (have no problem with that) I think we as consumers need to recognize where the dollars are going and why the products cost what they do.
Nike pays more athletes and there stuff isn't this expensive. Heck I always thought Under Armour was overpriced and even it's not this expensive.

I had a guy at my affiliate wearing one of those Crossfit Sports Series gray shirts that he got at this rowing thing (it came with his sign up) but I'm sure if he bought it from the store it'd be outrageous. It's not regular t-shirt material, but it's not wicking either. It's that stone gray color. He said it is a really nice shirt. I have a Philadelphia Eagles one.....it was 30 bucks.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
Sean Whitty

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ser View Post
clearly, no one will ever get anywhere wearing THIS stuff. (WFS)

I know right, those clothes are for losers.

for 100$, that shirt better coach and time my WODs.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Ok... thanks for the idea on the "change" reason for the "delta" symbol - that was my original thought but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything official.

I purposely didn't mention price, as I wanted to see what everyone else thought. I pretty much agree, and I will be leaving all this Reebok/CF stuff at the store, and continue to support local other companies. I actually JUST bought another Rogue shirt (Rob O). The only thing I had to comment on that is that I bought the XL and its still a little snug - material is a little thinner than I'm used to but then I worked out in it and didn't feel nearly as hot as I usually do. All my XL shirts fit good, but this one fit a little snug. I just ordered a couple of Forged shirts and they fit awesome and were all <$20 each. Material is good too!

Some of this RBK/CF gear will sell, it always does...but I won't be buying it.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #19
J. Thomas Boss

Profile:

In the past, I enjoyed ordering cool trendy hip t-shirts from Cafepress and specialty shops. However, now that I live in the Florida panhandle and deal with Africa Hot every day during the summer (and much of spring and fall), plus being on a tight budget since retiring from the military, my fave places to buy workout shirts are Target and Wal-Mart. For roughly ten clams, I get a nice lightweight shirt with great designs, retro and otherwise, perfect for my age group and wallet. They're not the highest quality, but definitely good enough to sweat in and wash cold!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #20
Eric R Cohen

Profile:

Holy LuluLemon Batman! That stuff is pricey...