CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #21
Jakub Kruhlik

Profile:
Re: staying lean without conditioning

you people are too nice. I would never have responded after the first post.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #22
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Kruhlik View Post
you people are too nice. I would never have responded after the first post.
Yet you did...

OP: wrestling is an entirely different beast. The weight cutting that goes on in D1 severely affects strength numbers. I would suggest doing weightlifting that is going to improve specialized movements in your wrestling (for example, Zercher squats are especially awesome for strength during throws). The comment about you having a strength and conditioning coach for the school you're going to be wrestling for is dead on.. go ask them.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
Michael Zoda

Profile:

I know your feeling. Your small, want to gain size/strength, but don't have a six pack. I was the same way. I still am actually although i'm in the process of putting on strength and size.

I was afraid to eat a lot of calories because I didn't want to bulk up or gain any fat. I did strength but I made sure to do wods that left me winded for "conditioning." I barely ate enough calories to supply my body with enough energy.

Long story short, I got over all that and began eating about 3000-3500 calories a day (165lbs bw). I lifted heavy all the time and continued doing metcons. Everything is improving. I have not gained any body fat thus far, and all I have seen are improvements. Strength more than metcon.

My energy levels are so much higher, I perform so much better at the gym and I DONT FEEL FAT NOR AM I GETTING FAT. And judging by your bodyweight you don't seem like the type of person that will easily get fat.

Eat. A lot. It will do wonders. And if your worried about abs, you wont see them no matter what at your bodyweight. You need mass for it to show.

I never saw any of your other posts, but these forums will really bag on you for stuff like this. Take everybody's advice, coming from somebody who's been there and changed.