CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Am I out of the Open ?

So I did WOD #3 last Friday, at home on video as outlined on the site. I waited and I am no longer on the leaderboard anywhere. (not that I am anywhere near the lead, but I don't even know where I stand). I see that no one else with video submissions is there either so I am not sure what is up. I know the deadline was last night to post a score as well. There are a couple things that bug me about this.

I feel excluded as a non-affilate performer and I have/had no idea where I was in the standings which may(or most likely) will not be a big deal. I was tinkering with the idea of doing it again yesterday, but had no idea if it was even worth it.

I am a little disappointed with all the technical glitches with the site, it is a little frustrating. I am sure it will be also for a bunch of others when there score gets bumped or others when their spot gets bumped. For some going to Regionals is their Crossfit Games so it'll be a big deal to them.

Anyone else with this problem ?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:
Re: Am I out of the Open ?

I video tape for a buddy of mine who's doing it. I couldn't find his video or his ranking yesterday either. I think none of the videos are showing up yet. I couldn't find one person in his region with a video link.

I agree, it's annoying.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Danielle Chollet

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
I feel excluded as a non-affilate performer and I have/had no idea where I was in the standings which may(or most likely) will not be a big deal. I was tinkering with the idea of doing it again yesterday, but had no idea if it was even worth it.
You can find your approximate placement by finding the points your scores are worth. In the WOD 1 column of the leaderboard find someone with your reps and take the ranking # for those reps. Do the same for WOD 2 column and WOD 3 column. Add those three ranking #s together and you have your overall ranking points, then find the page of the board that shows those overall ranking points and that will be your overall placement.

This result will not be exact because there are probably at least 50 people in your region who are also locked out of the leaderboard, so even the people who think they are on the board above 60th place will be bumped down when those missing scores are added back in.

Relying on the leaderboard to decide if you're going to redo the WOD is a mistake since many high scorers are gaming it and waiting to post till the last few hours.

Anyway, it's impossible for people to vote on your video when it doesn't show up on the leaderboard, and it's been a whole week, now. It would be nice to know what is going to be done to fix it.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I have an idea of where I am so I know about that. It is just a bit frustrating that this is happening 3 er I mean 4 weeks after the event started. I like the format, but the bugs are a bit frustrating.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Jason A Smith

Profile:

So I got an answer and they are "working on it". Hope it gets fixed before the end of the week so I at least have a chance at knowing where I stand. Wonder what these weeks WOD will be. You heard it here first thrusters (real ones) and/or burpees.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

That's good, I was hoping to find out where I stand soon.
Thrusters would be cool, we also haven't done pullups yet. I would be scared to see the backlash in judging on burpees though. People submitting videos would be screwed for that one. People lit their panties on fire over the pushups already.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Jason A Smith

Profile:

ding ding, burpees it is. This likely will be a grinder !