CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #21
Adam Kayce

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Radio

Just piping in that I agree with Christian's perspective.

I'd much rather see CF Radio become less antagonistic/"sh**-stirring", and more of a "hey, we've got something amazing - let's add to it" format. Much like the Journal is.

I don't believe there's a need to defend CF as much as there is a need to continually educate, spread the message, and spread the love. I'd rather CF be known, as I believe it is, as impeccable on all levels, holding the highest standards, etc. No reason why the "voice of CrossFit" shouldn't be the same.

And, should CFHQ feel that the need exists to have this kind of "defensive" posture to the Radio, that's fine... and maybe we need another podcast to explore other types of CF knowledge. I'm open (and, open to helping out).

All this said, thanks, you guys, for resurrecting the format, and putting your time/sweat/energy into this. Now I've got something to listen to in the car again.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
Alex Europa

Profile:

Adam, I think that at times, spreading the message is best accomplished by defending CrossFit. I also think that this is one of those times. As proven in the past, whether we agree with his methods or not, Michael Boyle is considered by some to be an expert on fitness and S&C training. For those of us in the military, this can be especially worrisome if they come to him for advice (again) regarding CrossFit. If nothing else, it is wise to attempt to show him more of what CrossFit really is than what he has seen through his cursory searches and utilizing the mainstream media as a source(). Whether or not he chooses to take the information provided to him and formulate a proper decision is completely up to him. I just hope that if the time comes for him to give another opinion regarding CrossFit to a major organization, that he has the moral fortitude to give an honest (and this time, educated) assessment, and not spread more false rhetoric in the name of his own financial well being.

As for CFR being used to "explore other types of CF knowledge," I think that is completely Neil's and JJ's intention. It just so happens that the $#!7 storm that the strengthcoach.com podcast stirred up happened to coincide with the debut of CFR. As with everything in life, this too shall pass, and we will be back to talking more about CF and less about it's detractors.

- Alex
Old 10-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #23
David Wood

Profile:

Dang, Alex, another great post, but you drove your average sentence count up again.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #24
Alex Europa

Profile:

Unfortunately, I don't think my sentance count was ever really down. The few posts that I made that were less than two sentances couldn't have been enough to drive my average down significantly. I guess I'll have to keep working at it!

- Alex
Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #25
Danielle Benford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Europa View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think my sentance count was ever really down. The few posts that I made that were less than two sentances couldn't have been enough to drive my average down significantly. I guess I'll have to keep working at it!

- Alex
Please do... I really love you but it already takes long enough to read through some of these threads as it is! How could someone so opinionated (you) be engaged to someone so open-minded (me)?