CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:
Foundations Curriculum

I psted in the Affiliate section also, but if anyone has a written curriculum for their Foundations program that they could forward, it would really help me out. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Jason Ackerman

Profile:
Re: Foundations Curriculum

Sent you in e-mail with an attachment. Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it's got some good info.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Allan Luomala

Profile:

Randy, I am working on a package for a 2.5 day seminar for CF rookies (in a military context, mind you, but should have universal application). We are structuring it along the lines of a CF cert (minus Greg's wisdom and all the supa-stars): What is CrossFit?, What is Fitness?, Programming, Nutrition, Intensity/Consistency, A Better Warm up, plus the key exercises: presses, deadlifts, squats (this is all out of the order we are presenting them in, as I am just pulling them out of my memory banks for this post). We are also throwing in some extra stuff (GHD situps, muscle-ups, snatch, kipping, HSPU's) that are covered in cert's, but with more emphasis on proper technique (and the progression's to build up to them) for those that train alone (rather than with trainers at an affiliate). This tends to be the case with military people, as many (myself included) do the "lone wolf" approach.

I am using your PPT presentation as a template, and once it is complete (likely this weekend) I will put it up on a file-sharing site (it is quite large, due to videos that I have inserted into it, almost all from the CFJ's and the CFHQ site), for one and all to use and abuse. Again, it is presented with a military flavour, but that can be easily modified. Note: I will have to get approval from CFHQ before I post this for public consumption, as I used a big chunk of content (i.e intellectual property) from the CFJ's, so I don't want to run afoul of Coach and the crew.

Take care,

Allan
Old 01-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Luomala View Post
Randy, I am working on a package for a 2.5 day seminar for CF rookies (in a military context, mind you, but should have universal application). We are structuring it along the lines of a CF cert (minus Greg's wisdom and all the supa-stars): What is CrossFit?, What is Fitness?, Programming, Nutrition, Intensity/Consistency, A Better Warm up, plus the key exercises: presses, deadlifts, squats (this is all out of the order we are presenting them in, as I am just pulling them out of my memory banks for this post). We are also throwing in some extra stuff (GHD situps, muscle-ups, snatch, kipping, HSPU's) that are covered in cert's, but with more emphasis on proper technique (and the progression's to build up to them) for those that train alone (rather than with trainers at an affiliate). This tends to be the case with military people, as many (myself included) do the "lone wolf" approach.

I am using your PPT presentation as a template, and once it is complete (likely this weekend) I will put it up on a file-sharing site (it is quite large, due to videos that I have inserted into it, almost all from the CFJ's and the CFHQ site), for one and all to use and abuse. Again, it is presented with a military flavour, but that can be easily modified. Note: I will have to get approval from CFHQ before I post this for public consumption, as I used a big chunk of content (i.e intellectual property) from the CFJ's, so I don't want to run afoul of Coach and the crew.

Take care,

Allan
I love it! Great stuff Allan. Look forward to seeing what you put together.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ackerman View Post
Sent you in e-mail with an attachment. Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it's got some good info.
Thanks Jay! Great idea about the East Coast games BTW.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
Carlos Cristan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Luomala View Post

Take care,

Allan
I'd also really like to take a look at your finished product if you get approval to post it from CFHQ.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Derek Maffett

Profile:

This is something that I've wondered about as well. How do most affiliates introduce Crossfit to someone completely new to the exercise world? I could spend all day going over all the exercises, but that wouldn't really leave time for any working out.

I figured on starting with something like...

Introduction to the Crossfit idea for exercising
Introduction to simple but important movements such as squat and pull-up
Use these few movements in something like a low-intensity Cindy
Slowly introduce new, more complex movements with the proper progressions and gradually increase intensity.

I know that is just a template - I want to get an idea of what affiliates do for a first class.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
Leila Terrado

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ackerman View Post
Would you mind sending me one too? Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
John Schneider

Profile:

Randy,

I'll send you what I've been working with when I get home and have access to my files.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
John Swanson

Profile:

I would be also very interested in reading a copy of this, is anyone is willing to email it to me. A big thanks....