CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
Adam Budke

Profile:
Crossfit Total increase

About a week after I had done a CFT, I strained my groin to the point that I couldn't air squat for over a week. After that I managed to do some lunges, and squats, and eventually was able to squat with light weight. The one thing I was most amazed about was that it took two weeks to be able to squat light weight again. But by the time the next CFT rolled around, I was able to move 21 lbs more then my previous CFT. And if someone with my lack of dedication to diet and exercise can make progress through an injury, then anyone can do this workout and make spectacular gains.

To sum things up real quick, Crossfit has done the following:
I was unable to run a half mile at all for about the last four years, and now can run a 6:50 mile.
I have hit PRs for my standing press, and PRs for my bodyweight for squat, power clean, and dead lift.
I have dropped five pounds of fat.
I have worked out consistently for the longest period in my life (going on 7 months).
I cannot honestly remember the last time I was depressed.
I was able to rehab an injury and decrease recovery time dramatically.

I also want to thank all of the knowledgeable people that post on the forums on a regular basis, and helped to educate me about the Zone and Paleo diets in addition to everything about Crossfit. You have all contributed to my health, fitness, and happiness, and have encouraged me through other testimonials. I cannot possibly thank all of the coaches and contributors on this website enough. It's the greatest free online resource I've ever used for fitness and diet in my life.

Thank you everyone,

Adam Budke
Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #2
Tim Mirth

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Total increase

That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!