CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #51
Chad Cross

Profile:
Re: CrossFit On-Ramp Curriculum Published for Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Upchurch View Post
Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, not sure, but what do you do when a client misses a day??
This is a good question and I would like to hear peoples experiences. I have been extremely lenient on this first go around and have done a lot of free make up classes. This has not worked very well at all. It eats up a ridiculous amount of time and I am not getting compensated.

Our next one starts next month and I will make people make up any missed classes as private(paid) 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 sessions. If they can't do that, they will have to go through On-Ramp again.

I don't know how else to do it without loosing lots of time/money.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #52
Monique T. Ames

Profile:
Re: CrossFit On-Ramp Curriculum Published for Free

Spell it out in the beginning. For example:

12 Class On-Ramp
Classes are limited to 8 trainees. Class curriculum is the same as the 12 Private Sessions. Dates and times are fixed and cannot be changed. Each missed On-Ramp Class must be made up with a 30min private session (at $30), before moving forward. On-Ramp is 4 weeks long and meets 3 days per week. Ask about the next Start Date.

With classes 3x/wk, when someone misses, they can squeeze in somewhere, that 30min session. A 1 hr group class can be done in 30min for a private. That's my experience.