CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-07-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Barry Cooper

Profile:
As everyone knows, sugar is not good. My problem is that I really, really like to eat, and I used to eat 1-2 Snickers bars daily. M&M's, Mars, and Reese's were on there too.

Anyway, about a month ago, I told everyone in my office--which is the area where I have a problem, since we don't keep offending foods at home--that I would pay them $1.00 if they caught me eating any candy, cookies, or cake at work. Since then, I have cut my intake to zero. Until today, when I decided a nice piece of cheesecake was worth $1.00. Falling off the wagon, though, made me realize that on balance it's been working, and I wanted to share that. I may be the only person on this website that has issues like that, but I doubt it. We all know what we SHOULD do, but very few people actually do.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:11 PM   #2
Roger Harrell

Profile:
Way to go to keep yourself accountable! This will develop into a healthful habit that doesn't require policing.

Character is what we do when no one is looking.

Not sure who said that, but it applies.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:20 PM   #3
David Heyer

Profile:
Barry,
I believe it's O.K. to cheat on occasion. I try to save my pig out days (when I have dessert) for Sunday. However, once in a while I'll cheat. Don't beat yourself up over it. Justify your actions by working out harder the next day. Just don't make cheating a habit.

Roger, Well said. Here's one for you:
Knowledge is not power, the application of knowledge is power!
Dave
Old 08-08-2003, 07:43 AM   #4
Scott Kustes

Profile:
David, I follow that logic too. I eat healthy breakfasts daily and a good lunch 5 or 6 of the days of the week (sometimes at work we go out to eat to "not healthy" places). My snacks are fruit or nuts 95% of the time. I follow the same thing on dinner. Friday's and/or Saturday's I'll have a dinner that's a little less than healthy, but far more satisfying. It makes eating right all week so much more worth it. It's how you eat most of the time that is what matters.

Good work Barry! Keep it up!