CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #161
Matt Everhart

Profile:
Re: The Economics of Membership Pricing

Scratch the last, I see there is a whole other thread on the economy

Anyway, I've always thought Crossfit (and our boot camp) work because people hate signing up for a 3 year contract with Globo Gym...so I've always said we'd do something different...punch cards seem to be filling that niche right now, but I can see how the month-to-month or even a year contract might work.

I mean the guy nearest to our location is charging $50.00 per hour. Even at the highest price presented in this thread, that's 6 sessions ($299) in a month, vs. unlimited sessions with Crossfit!!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #162
Wade Smith

Profile:

Regarding the good idea about student non-peak discounts:
Don't forget us teachers (a non-peak mid afternoon group WOD for teachers).

We are typically either fat & out of shape, or VERY VERY active. Either way, many are good candidates for CF.

We have flexibility in our afternoon schedules. Why not a 4-5pm teacher group, discounted, during the non-peak hours before the regular business crowd arrives?

Teachers are competitive, have a lot of stress to burn off, have mid to late afternoons free (potentially so), and are often very active individuals.

Just an idea I thought I'd float...
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #163
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Smith View Post
Regarding the good idea about student non-peak discounts:
Don't forget us teachers (a non-peak mid afternoon group WOD for teachers).

We are typically either fat & out of shape, or VERY VERY active. Either way, many are good candidates for CF.

We have flexibility in our afternoon schedules. Why not a 4-5pm teacher group, discounted, during the non-peak hours before the regular business crowd arrives?

Teachers are competitive, have a lot of stress to burn off, have mid to late afternoons free (potentially so), and are often very active individuals.

Just an idea I thought I'd float...
Tried it for 8 months and not one bit. Teachers are one of the laziest groups of people I know. They complain how hard their jobs are and how little time they have, bu that's the farthest from the truth. I should know, I'm a teacher.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #164
Wade Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Tarasevich View Post
Tried it for 8 months and not one bit. Teachers are one of the laziest groups of people I know. They complain how hard their jobs are and how little time they have, bu that's the farthest from the truth. I should know, I'm a teacher.
Yikes. I guess I'm in the minority. Or rather Randy and I are in the minority.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #165
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:

We have about 10 elementary school teachers at my affiliate. They love the 4-5pm class.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #166
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
We have about 10 elementary school teachers at my affiliate. They love the 4-5pm class.
That's cool. I wish I could say the same.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #167
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Haha.....I hear that stuff endlessly Randy....my best friend teaches highschool math. He's found his calling and loves it, as well as coaching football. His stories lead me to believe the drama that goes on among teachers is far WORSE than that with the students. And he'll tell you straight out, it's not an easy job....but the schedule makes it a pretty sweet gig.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #168
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Daigle View Post
Haha.....I hear that stuff endlessly Randy....my best friend teaches highschool math. He's found his calling and loves it, as well as coaching football. His stories lead me to believe the drama that goes on among teachers is far WORSE than that with the students. And he'll tell you straight out, it's not an easy job....but the schedule makes it a pretty sweet gig.
And in my state it is also one of the better-paying, stable jobs to have so the $$ gripe doesn't go far with me either.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #169
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
And in my state it is also one of the better-paying, stable jobs to have so the $$ gripe doesn't go far with me either.
Ya, in Massachusetts the pay for teachers in most locales is pretty decent especially after a few years on the job. His mom was a HS principal, now retired and she did very well for herself. The money really isn't bad, especially considering how much time is actually spent on the job with respect to other professions.