CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Albert Clayton

Profile:
Hey Guys,

Would someone shoot me an e-mail to let me know if you are still getting together on Saturdays.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
Brendan Smith

Profile:
Albert:

Great to hear from you again! Yes, we're still meeting every Saturday AM. We had been at the Medical Center, then moved to the UTSA track (more pull up bars and a real track). But, now Brad Z. is opening a CF gym. Go to Yahoo.com and click on "Groups" to find our group (CrossFitSA) and sign up to get on the e-mail list for details on each Saturday workout. We're planning a 1 year celebration on 16 June at Brad's gym. Glad to have you back!!

Brendan
Old 06-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
Rene Renteria

Profile:
Where is the gym going to be and when is he scheduled to open? I might be taking a job (several months from now) at the Medical Center (Health Science Center). Is that field/tennis courts near Babcock and Wurzbach where you were working out before UTSA? I grew up in that area, too. I guess I should look it up in Yahoo! groups.

Best of luck,
Rene'
Old 06-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Brendan Smith

Profile:
Rene: Brad said he hoped to have the CF gym opened by the end of June. It is just off Bandera Road (Highway 16) roughly mid way between 410 and 1604. Pretty easy to find.

Yes, we did work out at the park at the Medical Center (tennis courts, track, some chin bars) but moved around the new year mark to UTSA.

If you take a job here, be sure to look us up!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
Albert Clayton

Profile:
I cannot get on to the yahoo groups right now. I am blocked and I have computer problems at home. So you guys are working out at the utsa track is that off of utsa blvd?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
Ron Fielder

Profile:
Here are the directions that I use. It is very easy to find.
I, of course, come from the west. I hope this helps.

Directions provided by Nick.

If you're coming from hwy 90 and 1604, then you should continue north on 1604 (might be west from down there, but probably north). Follow it around until you get to the Babcock Rd exit which should come after the Bandera Rd & Hausmann Rd exits. Take the Babcock exit and follow the feeder road through the light at Babcock. The next light should be Walter Brennan. Turn right on Walter Brennan and go straight until you see the tennis courts straight ahead of you (about 1/4 mile). There is a parking lot to the right before the road takes a 90 degree right turn. We park in that lot. Between the tennis courts and a baseball/softball field there is a copse of trees with a couple of sets of pull-up bars under them. We usually meet right there. If you get there early and no one's there, don't panic. We usually trickle in between 8:45 and 9:15.

(Message edited by ruddystranger on June 06, 2007)