CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Cory Hilton

Profile:
Contacting Crossfit HQ

Hello,

Let me first introduce myself, my name is Cory Hilton and I am from Johnson City,TN and am an avid crossfitter. I enjoy everyday going after a different WOD and continually bettering myself. I am writing to you about someone that is a true inspiration to not only me, but the entire community/region. He is an elementary school principal that puts others before himself daily. His name is Josh Wandell and he himself is an avid crossfitter up until a few months ago when he was diagnosed with ALS (Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease) on June 4th of this year. Not only is this a devastating disease, but Josh is only 34 years old and the average life span is 2-5 years from diagnosis. He continues daily to get a WOD in and cannot run anymore, but rows in place of running with a Rogue Fitness rowing machine he was given from his family since learning the news. Crossfit has been an integral part of his fitness and though Josh battles daily with knowing his time is rapidly depleting, he still tries to conquer each day physically while he still can. I would like to propose naming a hero workout after Josh Wandell. He is truly a hero that is battling for his life on a daily basis while pouring inspiration and positivity into others. I would like to know what the steps are to get a workout named in honor of this great friend, principal, role model, and human being or if this is even possible? Look forward to hearing the responses.

If you want to read more please visit http://www.teamwandell.com/greetings/

Thank you for your time,

Cory Hilton

Old 09-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Frank E Morel

Profile:
Re: Contacting Crossfit HQ

Ever think of utilizing this thread ?

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=31722 wfs

Closed Thread