CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Aaron King

Profile:
A new way to sit?

I am trying to find a new way to "sit" on a chair. This only works on big chair but if you squat on a chair and your back leans on the chair, is this acceptable? Your butt does not touch the bottom of a chair. I notice that my calves start to ache when I do this. I don't know if this is a good thing. Anyways what do you guys think? You guys find any unique ways to sit on a chair without having to ruin your hip flexor a or whatever happens when you sit.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Danielle Chollet

Profile:
Re: A new way to sit?

I remember reading in an article about how bad sitting is for you, that the optimal angle for your legs/back (aside from standing) is 135 degrees. You can't really sit in a normal chair at that angle, but it seems like those kneeling stools do put you closer to that 135 degree angle.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Chris Ora Cunningham

Profile:
Re: A new way to sit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Chollet View Post
I remember reading in an article about how bad sitting is for you, that the optimal angle for your legs/back (aside from standing) is 135 degrees. You can't really sit in a normal chair at that angle, but it seems like those kneeling stools do put you closer to that 135 degree angle.
If you sit on the edge of your chair, with your knees down, it will allow you get close to this angle. Your body requires time to adapt to this position but I really think its the best way to sit in a normal chair.