CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:
testosterone boosters?

I know a lot of you will simply say don't use them but that isn't my question. My question is for those who have used a testosterone booster and what they did during their cycling periods to avoid or lesson the negative impacts of coming off of it...
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Joe Morden

Profile:
Re: testosterone boosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Borowsky View Post
I know a lot of you will simply say don't use them but that isn't my question. My question is for those who have used a testosterone booster and what they did during their cycling periods to avoid or lesson the negative impacts of coming off of it...
Are you talking Test boosters like Trib and DAA or Pro-Hormones/Designer steroids i.e. superdrol etc?

The test boosters will work if you are in a state where your natural levels are suppressed. I have seen them work if someone is older, or where someone has been dieting real hard for a while.

Generally the test "boosters" you just need to come off and you body will go back to normal levels (they dont get that much higher on them). I believe most follow a 5 days on 2 days off rotation for 5-6 weeks.

Now if you are talking pro-hormones/Designer steroids that is a totally different ball game. They will suppress your system.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

If you are talking about stuff like T-bombs and the like, they have never done anything for me. YMMV, but don't throw your money at them. If you are discussing PH's they work, but you aren't worried about your health if you are using them.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:

The specific test enhancer I was taking was pink magic plus I was stacking it with prime and a multi-vitamin. I was doing this for a few weeks 5 days on plus 2 days off. Then I stopped taking them b/c I wasn't gonna lift for a little while as I was getting ready for a marathon. Specifically what I meant by avoiding the negative affects was I noticed a drop in my sexual performance a few days after I stopped taking them. I wanted to start again because they were helping my lifting. Before I decide to use them again I wanted to know if there was any way to prevent this from happening...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Do the juice if you wanna mess with your hormone levels, don't mess around with supplements that just rob you of your money and confidence while you run in place. My vote is don't fool with it.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #6
Michael Dowling

Profile:

if i took something and coming off it i had sexual performance issues i would never touch it again.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Wayne Horan

Profile:

I have had good recent experience with D-Aspartic acid. There is a lot of research to support its uses and benefits. I dont think anything like Trib or Longjack really does much.

I have been using d-aspartic acid for a while and noticed its results. Its not as good as test but that has a whole host of other problems including legality. I havent had any negative sides from d-aspartic acid and while my lifts and body mass arent going up massively I feel like I am generally less fatigued and sex drive is better despite working shifts, long hours, training 6 days a week and sleeping 6 hrs a day.

If you get it in pure form its very cheap so worst case scenario is it does nothing for you and you have only blown $20 or so.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
Bryan Hood

Profile:

Having played with all that stuff in the past I'll add a couple caveats. If you boost your test, if your levels are above "normal", you'll get a conversion. If you flood your system with test lots of that will convert to estrogen. That's why you get a drop in your sexual drive, atrophy, man boobs, etc. Like someone said above, if you're going to mess with that stuff go ahead and get the real deal. It's actually cheaper. If you do "juice" (androne enanthate, etc) you'll be a freaking CrossFit animal but you'll crash HARD when you come off. I wouldn't recommend doing CF with enhanced test levels. It's very hard on your heart. Last time I did it all I did was heavy lifting. I went from 163 to 192 of mean rhino penis in 10 weeks. It was fun but my cardio sucked. I looked good and was very strong but I wasn't functional. If you do that stuff too much you'll fry your system and your natural ability to produce GH and test will drop significantly and you'll probably end up having to stay on it for life to be "normal". My 2 cents.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

word to the above
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
Troy Becker

Profile:

Take 50mg of zinc some time at night on a full stomach. See if there's a flag at mast higher than usual to salute in the morning. If there is, there you go.