CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Celio Silva

Profile:
Henderson afraid of Marquadt

Dan says he won't fight Nate for the number one spot as the next challenger to Silvas' belt. He says he will move to 205 and fight there to wait for his shot at the 185 belt.

Nate on the other hand has no problem fighting Dan for the number one spot. And he shouldn't! They have both been destroyed during their first attempt, so what more logical than to fight each other to decide who gets a second crack at the Spider??

Silvas' manager, Ed Soarez, said Silva won't fight either right now, and that Nate and Dan must fight for a crack at him, which again, is the only logical thing to do!

If anything, Nate should get a crack, not Henderson. Nates' victories since then have been MUCH more impressive!

If I was the UFC matchmaker, I would actually give Nate a shot first, and match up Dan against Vitor (after Vitor destroys Rich ) for their rematch. That would definately establish a worthy contender for the 185 belt, which would be Vitor

What do yall think about this mess?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:
Re: Henderson afraid of Marquadt

I really want to see Silva/Hendo 2, but would like to see Silva/Nate 2, as well. I don't like the idea of Hendo and Nate fighting eachother because there isn't anybody else at 185 that should get a crack at Silva. I`d hate to see either of them lose a chance to fight for the title. They both deserve it, IMO.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Matt Corley

Profile:

I think that they both deserve a title shot. Not sure that I really care which one is first, but one should get to fight Anderson and then the other fights the winner of that bout.

The other possibility is that Silva moves up to 205 permanently and Nate vs Dan for the vacant Middleweight title. Which is what I'd really like to see.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
I really want to see Silva/Hendo 2, but would like to see Silva/Nate 2, as well. I don't like the idea of Hendo and Nate fighting eachother because there isn't anybody else at 185 that should get a crack at Silva. I`d hate to see either of them lose a chance to fight for the title. They both deserve it, IMO.
...and it makes more sense for the UFC to put on two cards, one with each of these guys against Silva (two Main Event-worthy fights), than it does to have each of them fight each other (as a part of a lesser card) for the right to headline once with Silva.

Sorry - but it IS a business.

Hendo is coming off a nice demolition of Bisping, and I think his popularity is on the rise -- so the UFC needs to think carefully about how to capitalize on that popularity. Marquardt has been looking good too - and the same can be said for him (other than last year's loss to Thales Leites) and the timing of a big fight.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
John Praeuner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
If anything, Nate should get a crack, not Henderson. Nates' victories since then have been MUCH more impressive!

What do yall think about this mess?
I think you are insane for calling Hendo's KTFO of Bisping less impressive than... well anything else that has happened this year.

WAR Hendo

Regardless, Silva will have his way with either of them. I think Dana should have Hendo and Nate tag team against Silva.

I still call Silva by DKO (duel ko) in the 2nd
Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Anything that involves Nate getting beaten and humiliated is fine with me. I think this would happen in either fight, so either way they go is fine with me.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Robert Woller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
I don't like the idea of Hendo and Nate fighting eachother because there isn't anybody else at 185 that should get a crack at Silva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Corley View Post
Silva moves up to 205 permanently and Nate vs Dan for the vacant Middleweight title.
!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Brett Dartt

Profile:

ufc is going to get boring soon
Old 09-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #9
Scott Moore.

Profile:

I just read that Silva is having elbow surgery and will likely be out until 2010. I think that's going to press for a Hando/Marquadt fight for an interum belt.

I think Hendo's KO of Bisping was more impressive because he had to actually work to chase Bisping down whereas Maia basically ran into Marquadt's fist.
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36
Old 09-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #10
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio Silva View Post
Silvas' manager, Ed Soarez, said Silva won't fight either right now, and that Nate and Dan must fight for a crack at him, which again, is the only logical thing to do!

Personally, I don't think ED or Anderson should be allowed to pick their fights. Sure, one could argue that AS is the best, no one can stop him blah, blah, blah. But he shouldn't make the fights, he can have a say but the final say should be from what Joe/UFC/Dana wants to see, not ED.

Nate is 4-1 since his loss to Silva. Dan is 3-0 two of which went to decision. I would like to see these two go at it and determine the #1 contender. If Dan does not want to do that give Nate a shot again, he deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Praeuner View Post
I think you are insane for calling Hendo's KTFO of Bisping less impressive than... well anything else that has happened this year.
Yes, it was an excellent KO of a loud mouth punk. But it was only Bisping. It's not like he KO'ed a top ranked guy. Bisping is just above can status.