CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #1
Ando Mikkel

Profile:
Help with nutrition

I got punted, albeit politely, from the noob thread to seek some help here regarding fat loss.

What specific information do you need from me in order to more accurately discern my current state and things I may incorporate to achieve bridging the plateau.

Excercise: WOD plus added lunges , pullups, 400m runs etc. everyday.
Weight: 205
Diet: no wheat, beans , tubers, rice, sugar. Carbs from veggies, fruits. Eat nuts, natural beef, game, fish, poultry. One glass of milk per day (should I cut this as I have heard some rhetoric that dairy bumps insulin levels?)

Have seen a gradual fat decline in the few months doing CF and changing my diet. Some say this is good, and I agree, just not as rapid as expected.

Kind Regards,

Ando
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
Oliver Gould

Profile:
Re: Help with nutrition

If you are really serious about it get on the Zone, stay on the Zone, witness huge improvements.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
Elliot Fuller

Profile:
Re: Help with nutrition

Your diet looks pretty good to me.

Losing fat can be really simple. I'd suggest you get on the Zone diet for a test-run (maybe a month or two ... realistically might be all you need) as a means of controlling and quantifying your caloric intake.

With the kind of diet you're eating -- almost Paleo (I drink milk as well -- usually about 1 cup a day), you're likely to be building at least some LBM while you lose the fat. This could explain some of the slowness.

If that's not the case, then you really just need to experiment with different levels of caloric intake. If you decrease your calories, you WILL lose fat. You will also lose some muscle. This is where the Zone comes in handy... a lot of people diet with the explicit goal of losing weight, period. The Zone will help you to maintain your LBM (and even grow it) while decreasing your BF%

Too rapid weight loss is a no-no. If you're losing around 2 pounds a week (it was less for me) you should be in the green zone still.

Others might be able to help more if you give them a better timeline of what's been going on.

How much did you weigh when you started eating healthy? How tall are you? How many calories do you take in during a day?

I'd also suggest you start up a FitDay log and maybe just keep track of everything you eat for a week or two (eat like you normally would, just keep track of it) to see how your calories and macronutrients are stacking up.