CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Matt Halmy

Profile:
Rouge Pull Up Brackets

I haven't found any relevant posts on these brackets.

You will notice on the product page (http://www.roguefitness.com/store/pullup_bracket.php) w/f safe that the video shows a strike plate with two bolts into the wall, the product picture does not show that strike plate.

My question is about the mounting process, are these brackets ready to be put into the wall as is? Or do you need to drill holes into the brackets/weld on strike plates in order to get them on the walls?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Matthew Young

Profile:
Re: Rouge Pull Up Brackets

I recently took a trip to rogue fitness in columbus. A friend of mine is a manager of a globo gym and they purchased the brackets. It seemed to me that the hole were drilled but they ran some lumber behind the brackets and drilled both to the wall. Hope that helps. They also used 1 inch galvanized pipe for the bar and i have ripped some pullups off on it and they are very sturdy.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Thomas J. Cusack

Profile:
Re: Rogue Pull Up Brackets

I recently purchased the rogue pullup brackets. They come with the strike plates on the top and bottom of the mount. There are 1/2 inch holes through the strike plate that are positioned about 4 in apart (I forget the actual dimension, but I know that two 2x4s could comfortably fit between them.

They come with a set of screws (2/bracket) that will serve to hold the 1 inch pipe (of whatever length/metal suits you) that you must buy at the hardware store. You must buy your own 1/2 inch bolts (4/bracket) to suit whatever mounting situation you plan on having (i.e. on masonry vs. what I have, which is actually on the side of my garage).
Also, I mounted them upside down from what is depicted in the picture, because metal is stronger under tension than under pressure, and less for a less dweebish reasonwhis is that if I mounted them the other way they'd have to go through my garage door (they are above my garage door, with the bar at a height of 8 ft. 6 inches).

I should also mention that the whole construct is solid as hell, and I was able to put 1000 pound load on the thing (a big diesel engine w/transmission) without it budging (which is good enough for me). Final bit- I have 2 brackets with 56 inches of pipe between them.

Buy them, you won't be disappointed. Also, its Rogue, note rouge. I know nothing about rouge except that it looks good with the purse that matches my lifting gloves.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Thomas J. Cusack

Profile:

And please forgive the spelling errors in my previous post. I have simply been at work for 24+ hours (Your Healthcare System At Work!) and I am pretty delirious.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Matt Halmy

Profile:

Thanks so much Thomas, this really helps a lot. I just wasn't getting a complete picture in my mind of how the brackets are out of the box, but now I have one.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Jeremy R Johnson

Profile:

Has anyone mounted these onto a cinder block wall?