CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Departed1

Profile:

Biggest Pet Peeve

I guess this is kind of a piggy back off of the "seen at globo gym" thread. What is your biggest pet peeve that people do when it comes to fitness (nutrition/workouts). Mine would be either - loading the bar w/ plates, then only going half way down on squats. Or, people who only do upper body lifts. So they're built like a triangle with a huge upper body and little bitty legs. I always wonder if they will topple over in a stiff breeze.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
Joe Bernard

Profile:
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve

People who use equipment and don't put it back where it belongs. The plates on a barbell is not a big deal, it's just a guessing game as to whether they are done using them or not, but when there are pairs of dumbbells lying around everywhere it gets annoying when you trip over them.

I've actually had to say this to someone before: You know your mom is not coming to pick up after you, put the weights away.

FYI it's a college gym, I don't get how some people can leave stuff on the ground
Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Well this one is stupid but it really bugs me for some reason. The word "yum". I hate it when someone goes "I'm eating blank, yum" or "blank, yum". Drives me insane for some reason.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Jesse Gass

Profile:

1)Talking on you frickin cell phone like you've got a megaphone stuck in your face, while thinking the moron on the line can't actually hear you. Worst ever. Talk at home or outside.
2)Complaining to everyone around about how the gym you're a member of doesn't have what you want. Wishing the gym had more equipment is fine, but trying to build a crybaby gang is lame. Just quit.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Slow drivers in the left lane.
My wife leaving cabinet doors open.
Slow cashiers.
Incompetence.
Whiners.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Wallis View Post
Incompetence.
Whiners.
I will second those. Similar to the slow checkers at the store I would say I hate when old people get into the self-checkout lane and take forever to scan and bag each item, and then can't figure out how to pay or can't read the screen.

As far as the gym goes, I would say biggest pet peeve is people who are wasting their potential because they choose to rest more than they work in the gym. Whether that be in terms of excessive rest during a wod or excessive rest days away from the gym, it always effects their performance/times and they whine about it, but don't do anything to change it.

In general pet peeve is people who are perpetually "dieting" but can't actually stick to a single plan or cheat all the time, and if they complain about the diet not working... HULK SMASH. People that are overweight, unhealthy, or immobile due to their inability to do anything they don't enjoy, or attempt to rationalize such behavior, get no love from me.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Jared Ashley

Profile:

People inexperienced in the art and science of fitness who give me unsolicited advice about what I could do better or what I'm doing wrong.

I'm ok with a very experiened person overhearing something and giving me their $.02. And I recognize that there are individuals who can coach at a much higher level than they can perform. But if you're fat, slow, and have been to the gym three times in as many years, don't tell me what lifts I should do, why running is bad for my knees, what I should eat, or anything else for that matter.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Andrew Bell

Profile:

People trying to talk to me while I'm working out. I'm there to work, not socialize. Of course this is a little different at the box, but at the globo I go to.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
Morgan McGaha

Profile:

New pet peeve: the crossfit bros at the gym who are drama queens after every workout. They fling themselves on the floor, huff and puff, and make a big scene out of doing a few light snatches. ****es me off.

I also can't stand when people watch me play guitar and immediately ask, "You must be GREAT at guitar hero."
Old 01-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
People trying to talk to me while I'm working out. I'm there to work, not socialize. Of course this is a little different at the box, but at the globo I go to.