CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #131
Eric Moffit

Profile:
great song.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:34 PM   #132
Dan Silver

Profile:

Don-

Do I ever.

-D.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #133
James R. Climer

Profile:
"Know this: You will workout for a hundred different reasons, and all of them will be terrific. Quit, and it will be for no good reason at all." --- Dave Draper
Old 07-13-2005, 03:42 AM   #134
Hollis Petri

Profile:
my belated 2 favorites

I used to sit on the banks with a raft and watch the water roll lazily by. One day I pushed my raft into the shallows of the water and found the water moved swifter than I thought. My raft was actually a boat. Then, after some time, I rowed my little boat into deeper water. There were great storms, mighty winds, tremendous waves, and sometimes I felt so alone. But I have noticed my little rowboat is now a mighty ship manned by my friends and loved ones; and beautiful calm seas, warm sunny days, and nights filled with comfortable dreams always double after a storm. Now, I could never go back and sit on the bank. In fact, I search for deeper water. Such is life when lived. - B. D. Gulledge

This is the true joy in life … being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one …being a force of nature, instead of being a selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy…I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can…I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. For the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It’s a sort of splendid torch, which I’ve got to hold up for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations. - George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #135
Dan Freda

Profile:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #136
Barry Cooper

Profile:
There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision, and for whom the lighting of every cigar, the drinking of every cup, the time of rising and going to bed every day, and the beginning of every bit of work, are subjects of express volitional deliberation. Full half the time of such a man goes to the deciding, or regretting, of matters which ought to be so ingrained in him as practically not to exist for his consciousness at all.

Also: "We must make automatic and habitual. . .as many useful actions as we can."

William James

This relates directly to my comment on Committment in another thread
Old 08-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #137
John Messano

Profile:
"Beware the fury of the patient man."
Old 08-11-2005, 02:47 AM   #138
Brian White

Profile:
The purpose of life's journey is not to arrive safely and sedately. It is to come sliding in sideways on smoking tires, sitting in the driver's seat shaking and grinning, exclaiming "Holy *****, what a ride!"

When I hear "You can't," I answer "I will."
Old 08-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #139
Eric Moffit

Profile:
"suffering itself is the way to transformation, and without suffering nothing is transformed"
-Pope Benedict XVI