CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Garrett Smith

Profile:
For you Tucsonan CFers (as in two-sohn-ans, I keep hearing people say "two-sohn-Ians, it's irritating me, what can I say), don't forget the CF workout at Udall Park's fitness course this Saturday 4/7, at 10am.

In terms of equipment for this, I'm going to suggest we limit this workout to the fitness course apparati, bodyweight exercises, and I'll bring a pair of KBs in 24, 35, and 53# for swings. Let's keep this simple.

For the workout, I believe we'll be doing a chipper, with each person picking an exercise. Staggered starting will probably be necessary.

Also, I have been looking into a potential space for a CF affiliate Tucson gym and believe I have found the best place to date. It's located in Midway Park, between Swan and Columbus on Speedway. If you'd like to hear more or you have something to bring to the table (training experience, equipment, $$ donation, whatever), show up at Udall or PM me.

According to www.weather.com w/f safe, it should be 86F and sunny that day, so do what you need to do sun- and heat-wise! Note that there is no water fountain close to the fitness course, so bring your hydration. Also, there is a dog park there if you'd like to bring your pooch.

See you all on Saturday!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
Scott Ponte

Profile:
I'm deffiently planning on being there this Sat.
As far as a CF Affiliate I'm down with helping you Garret. I don't have alot of CF type training experiance but I'm pretty well self-taught on broad training knowledge, fitness and nutrition.

Looking forward to seeing you TUS CFers there!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
Chauncey Homer

Profile:
Well, looks like I found this post just in time. I'll plan to be there- been CF'n for a month now on my own.

BTW, I live in the SE (Corona de Tucson) area and am building a CF gym in my garage so if anyone wants to get together for an occasional workout- come on over. Have wrestling mats, boxing equipment/ bag, etc. also.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Scott Ponte

Profile:
I don't know where Corona De Tucson is, where is it in relation to Rita Ranch? I live there.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
Chauncey Homer

Profile:
Pretty darn close- Houghton and Sahuarita Rd. My son goes to school at Mesquite Elem. in Rita Ranch.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Scott Ponte

Profile:
Awesome! Someone close by. I'll be moving as soon as my house sells but I'd still love to come over for some workouts. Im new to CF but always willing to learn.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #7
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I'm trying to kick this awful cold I have (actually I think it's a healing reaction to nat-m, but that's a whole 'nother story) but I will try to be there.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Scott Ponte

Profile:
That sucks Yael, I've got a bit of a bug too. I took a PT test the other day and ever since I can't stop sneezing and my throat is sore. I'm not even allergic to anything. Wierd.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
Garrett Smith

Profile:
There are some nasty, nasty allergic things going around right now. Even I've noticed an increase in stuffiness...

Even if you can't workout, feel free to show up. I'm not one to make anybody feel bad for doing what is necessary to take care of themselves.