CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
Oliver Bradley

Profile:
where to purchase equipment...

If I could figure out the search function I wouldn't have to post this but I can't seem to get it to spit out anything relevant. I am looking to buy some kettlebells, rings etc. and live in california so I'm wondering if there is a retailer nearby to save on shipping costs. All recommendations are appreciated.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Aaron Schupp

Profile:
Re: where to purchase equipment...

Oliver, Sportsmith is located in Tulsa, OK. Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with.

I think Garage Gym is located in Arizona. Obviously they are closer to you then Sportsmith. I'm not sure if there is anyone in California or where they might be. Hopefully this is of some help.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
Michael Henry

Profile:

http://crossfitweekendwarriors.typepad.com/homegym.htm WFS
Old 08-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Shane Gibson

Profile:

Rogue Fitness is the way to go! They have the best stuff at the best prices and a lot of their stuff is free shipping now.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
John Devine

Profile:

Oliver, it might be hard to find much outside of KB's and typical weight training stuff locally. Not sure if you have Play-it-again Sports in No Cal but they carry the Apollo KB's down here. I purchased my KB's and bumpers directly from Apollo as they have a location in Anaheim. Most of my other gear came from ordering online. Yes, you pay shipping but you don't have to pay the increasingly ridiculous state sales tax.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
Mike Gin

Profile:

I saw a place on craigslist that was advertising some stuff like bumper plates, KB's, etc. in Sacramento. Know nothing of them. But between your time, gas, state tax, etc., I bet the pricing will be higher (of course there is something to be said about purchasing locally since CA is out of money). Northern CA is a waste land for CF equipment. I think you're better off ordering online. I did buy KB's at Busy Body, seemed reasonably priced. They are the Apollo line, so don't know about the quality but as long as they don't fall apart I'm good with that. I like the rubber bottom on them.

I've had good success with several of the online companies that are great partners of CF here on these boards. Reasonable prices and great customer service. I will continue to support them and purchase through them. Can't beat having something delivered right to your door too!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
Shaun Tieman

Profile:

The grand opening of my Affiliate is in September and I have been able to purchase alot of good equipment from craigslist. Just make sure to do your homework before purchasing something you dont know much about. Olympic bars, bumper plates, rowers, squat stands.. all can be found on craigslist as long as you search everyday before another fellow CrossFitter beats you to it. Otherwise Rogue Fitness is a great supplier and is where im getting the majority of my gear for my affiliate. They also offer free shipping on a majority of their equipment.