CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
Jake Brown

Profile:
Things that have 'improved' with crossfit

Maybe I'm crazy but since i've been doing kettlebell swings--a movement that i've never done prior to crossfit and i've been lifting weights since my teens (sometimes incorrectly)--I notice alot of extra strength and stamina in the bedroom? I mean it makes sense with the extra hip strength and all but this has been a dramatic difference. Am I crazy? Anyone else care to share?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
Jason David

Profile:
Re: Things that have 'improved' with crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Brown View Post
Maybe I'm crazy but since i've been doing kettlebell swings--a movement that i've never done prior to crossfit and i've been lifting weights since my teens (sometimes incorrectly)--I notice alot of extra strength and stamina in the bedroom? I mean it makes sense with the extra hip strength and all but this has been a dramatic difference. Am I crazy? Anyone else care to share?
Contact Matthew Vassallo. He might have some "supporting" evidence.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Jason David

Profile:

Quote:

what were you doing anyway?? Putting in a ceiling fan? Shelves? Doing some demo??

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Jake Brown

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
what were you doing anyway?? Putting in a ceiling fan? Shelves? Doing some demo??
LOL yeah, I strap the dust mop to my pelvis and give her hell. The room is clean and shiny in no time.

p.s. I just moved from St. Clair Shores a few months ago, still have a house there that I can't sell

Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Things that have inproved? The size of the blisters and tore hands have increased greatly!!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Jason David

Profile:

Quote:
LOL yeah, I strap the dust mop to my pelvis and give her hell. The room is clean and shiny in no time.

p.s. I just moved from St. Clair Shores a few months ago, still have a house there that I can't sell

HA!! Sorry about the house...It's ugly and getting worse. I tossing around the idea of moving to Chattanooga (sp?) with my wife's company.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
Anonymous 754029

Profile:  

Quote:
Contact Matthew Vassallo. He might have some "supporting" evidence.

it's true

when you get that 'full extension' on the third pull of an olympic lift

lets just say women make good judges of whether or not you know it hahahaha

stay healthy, have fun, be safe, be smart, rock on

ps - a girl that can do multiples + tabata = you win.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
Andy Gann

Profile:

Quote:
HA!! Sorry about the house...It's ugly and getting worse. I tossing around the idea of moving to Chattanooga (sp?) with my wife's company.
I live 90 minutes north of Chattanooga. It's beautiful here ... Great Smoky Mtn National Park - gotta love it!

Does your wife work in the Auto industry? They're opening a big VW plant down there ...

Old 08-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Jason David

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gann View Post
I live 90 minutes north of Chattanooga. It's beautiful here ... Great Smoky Mtn National Park - gotta love it!

Does your wife work in the Auto industry? They're opening a big VW plant down there ...
Yep!! VW. I've heard nothing but great things about the quality of life down there. We have to decide by Nov. 30!! Will be doing a visit down there within a month or so.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
Andy Gann

Profile:

Quote:
Yep!! VW. I've heard nothing but great things about the quality of life down there. We have to decide by Nov. 30!! Will be doing a visit down there within a month or so.
I work for a major player in the auto industry as well - Denso - we make auto parts for the major players and fear that we might lose some engineers from our Athens plant to the VW Chatt plant.

Anyways ...

Every place has advantages and disadvantages. I moved here from the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and have had to adjust my outlook on some things b/c of the lifestyle.

All in all - it's good. More peaceful, more serence, NO state income tax and low property taxes

Plus - there are great outdoor activities (if you're into that stuff).

OH - and one more thing - there's an OLY certified lifting coach in Chatt that is very reasonable ... we keep meaning to make a trip down there for a few sessions.

Anyways - if you have any questions - feel free to PM me ....

Closed Thread