CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 12-16-2003, 10:09 AM   #1
Roy

Profile:

Chances are, most of us who go to gyms wont be able to if they're closed. Im guessing we'll have to do calisthenics? Maybe run 5k in the snow.? YEAH!!! I think I'll be sweeping the trampoline if it's a white christmas. Snowball fight?

Cheers

Roy
Old 12-16-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

I live in Orlando, no white Christmas here. Hell, sleeveless shirt and shorts was the outfit for today. I think we are still in the 70s :-)

-Jay
Old 12-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Gunther

Profile:  
well over here if it is not raining and chilly it will probably rain.:angry:
Old 12-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #4
Ed Regula

Profile:  
Here in northeastern Thailand it will be sunny and in the low 80's, maybe even a nice breeze.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
Roy

Profile:

Wow! Is ANYONE here in or near the rocky mountains?
Old 12-18-2003, 02:20 AM   #6
Joseph

Profile:

Sapporo, Japan: icy sidewalk capitol of the universe. Ran 5k on snowy/icy sidewalks & park paths the other day. It's doable without special shoes and feels kind of adventurous, but running on what amounts to an unstable surface is taxing on the core stabilizers. Still a lot better than treadmills and indoor tracks, which turn my brain to mush. I'm staying outside this winter.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:08 AM   #7
Jason Barker

Profile:  
I've had the same thoughts. My gym will close from 12/20-12/28 and then again for 2-3 days around New Years. This is especially frustrating because I started doing the WOD 3 weeks ago and I'm uber-enthusiastic.

When the gym is closed, I'll probably work on pullups, pushups, handstands, planks, and stuff like that at home. I'll probably throw in a couple of runs with a backpack full of dumbbells. I've always wanted to try out a keg full of sand. Maybe I'll use that time to set up one of those.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:52 AM   #8
Matt Toupalik

Profile:
Jason-where do you get the kegs from?I want to start doing some work with a keg or barrel full of water but not having much luck finding one.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:12 AM   #9
Jason Barker

Profile:  
I haven't found a keg yet. I live in Raleigh, NC, so with 3 major universities (NCSU, UNC, Duke)around, I'm imagining that there has to be a store that would be willing to part with one that is reaching the end of its usable lifetime. Perhaps I'll try calling frat houses and such. I think when you buy a keg you put a $15 deposit down that you get back when you return the empty. Maybe I can find someone who will sell me one for $15.01. I'm going to look into all of this tommorrow, so I'll post results then.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:01 AM   #10
Mark Mueller

Profile:
Matt,

Call Bells over in Comstock or Kraftbrau Brewery in Kalamazoo, They usually have damaged kegs that are just scrapped.