CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
I'm not sure if this type of workout has been posted before, but I got a "What do you do for Arms?" question a while back when I wasn't around barbells or kettlebells, and here was one of my answers. All CrossFitters will easily recognize it as JT with Pullups thrown in between. I like it. I like it a lot. This is obviously geared to be advantageous to the lighter guys and gals amongst us (I'm 176lbs, myself).

For time, 21-15-9 of:
Handstand Pushups
Kipping Pullups
Ring Dips
L-Pullups
Pushups

Beat 25:31 with full ROM on each exercise, and you've got my kudos. I know several of you can. I’m coming off of a shoulder injury and have been doing mostly pure strength work instead of high rep work (mostly heavy Cleans&Presses, Weighted Pullups, Weighted Pistols, Get Ups, among others), so I know I'm "out of shape" Met Con wise. It’s still very fun and fairly challenging.

Unless you're a hardcore always-follow-the-WOD kind of person (nothing wrong with that), you can hit this workout once to twice per week, always focusing on perfect form and faster times, and you’re guaranteed to grow powerful arms, shoulders, and a core that can all take a beating and come right back.

Also, be sure to warm up with Joint Mobility focused on the shoulders and light Kettlebell Get Ups, and cool down with more Joint Mobility. You'll need it. Trust me.