CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Bart Jones

Profile:

Just wanted to say thanks to the crossfit community. As of today, I have reached my goal of losing 50 pounds. The forums and the information posted on the website have been a priceless resource. Although I originally started crossfit to lose some unwanted pounds, many aspects of my life have improved which I am much more greatful for. I might not be able to hang with most of the people who post on here but I have set new goals and hope to catch up. Also, haven't done a timed run (besides WOD) for distance in over 3 1/2 months, ran 1.5 miles today in just under 10 minutes. I think I'll reward myself by getting some new home gym equipment. Thanks again to everyone!!!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
One of the housewives I train brought her husband with her the other day. I had them doing some KB cleans and wanted 10 with each arm. Lance had a 36 pounder and after struggling with 5 or 6 reps he said, "Maybe this is just too heavy for me." In response I told him, "Well, Jennifer doesn't seem to think it's too heavy." In the time it to hubby to do his 5 or 6 reps, his wife did all 10 with each arm and was done. He looked down at the KB and checked the weight marking I have on it, looked quite crestfallen and went back to work. With only the occasional short fast runs we do in my gym and no additional runs on her own, Jennifer did a 5k race in 33 minutes, and running is her most glaring weakness. There's more but I think it is clear that CrossFit is all about accomplishing more things with greater ease than you ever thought you could. Happens all the time and will continue to happen for all of us. You have found a home...welcome.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Bart, awesome job. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Way to go Bart!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #5
Brian Nesmith

Profile:
That's inspirational Bart. Your run time puts me to shame. I was just thinking up some New Year's fitness goals and a ten minute 1.5 would be fantastic.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #6
Tom Gilbert

Profile:

Perhaps average to the endurance junkies, but from my view point, that/s a smoking time in the run