CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #111
Michael Mantione

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
Hey Michael,

All of our bars are currently warrantied for 1 year. Our bars have gotten really good feedback from when they first became available back in January. People really like the spin on them as they have a 6-bearing design (check out the video on the website). We updated a few points recently such as knurling, coating, treatment, etc. and are expecting these new models to be even better than the ones from back in January. These updated 6-bearing bars just came back in stock earlier this week along with two additional $90 Daily WOD bars we added to the lineup. The tests we've ran lead us to believe we can eventually extend the warranty, but for right now, we want to keep pricing low so that they get field tested more (you can run all the tests you want, but there's really nothing like having them being used in actual boxes).

All of our bars are a snap-ring/endcap design (except for the $75 economy bar) so you don't need to worry about any bolts loosening. We have not had any reports of collars stripping and out of the 500 - 600 bars being used in boxes since January, we've only had 2 that have broken (both were covered under warranty).

Updates are as follows:
Men's Comp 6-Bearing Bar ($250) - knurling, coating thickness
Men's Reg 6-Bearing Bar ($160) - knurling, steel, coating thickness
Women's Comp 6-Bearing Bar ($160) - knurling, steel, coating thickness
15 LB Aluminum Bushing Bar ($100) - Upgraded from Pin to Snap-Ring/EndCap
I'll check them out, I don't mind paying for a decent bar Id rather pay 300 bucks once than 150 twice ... I have quite the barbell graveyard accruing. I go through 3 a month. Of course if I dont have to spend 300+ than I wont. The cheaper the better. I'd rather have 2 bars than 1. I see that you have good prices most of my lifts are on the edge of 200lbs my DL much higher. The bars i see are either out of stock or only 300lb bars.

Last edited by Michael Mantione : 05-21-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #112
Elliott Harding

Profile:

Could anyone comment on the two different GHD's? The one with the fully circular pad looks interesting. I'm 6'3'', 275 lbs. Any issues with GHD moving around or bumping my head on the bottom of the frames? Any concerns about pad or plate width? How about the split?

I noticed the semi circular GHD is currently not in stock. Any ideas when that will change?

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #113
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Harding View Post
Could anyone comment on the two different GHD's? The one with the fully circular pad looks interesting. I'm 6'3'', 275 lbs. Any issues with GHD moving around or bumping my head on the bottom of the frames? Any concerns about pad or plate width? How about the split?

I noticed the semi circular GHD is currently not in stock. Any ideas when that will change?

Thanks.
Hey Elliott,

The semi circular GHD (Linear Bearing GHD) is in stock! It was a bit confusing on our website, that has since been updated. We also recently added a video of it. Take a look here: http://www.getrxd.net/index.php/rack...ghd-s/ghd.html (WFS)

We received your e-mail on the measurements you inquired about on the 2 different models. Will make sure those get to you asap!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #114
George S Davis

Profile:

Is the diameter of the Men's Competition Bar 28 mm or 28.5 mm? What has everyone thought of the bar so far?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #115
Mike Gin

Profile:

Sadly the first one that showed up the packaging was damaged and so was the bar. The replacement one showed up even worse - a complete end of the tube was gone and the sleeve completely exposed. Upon examination of the bar it was bent nicely. I still have the first bar and it does spin nicely with the bearings. I like the look of the coating too. But I haven't loaded anything on it knowing that it is going back as soon as I get a good replacement bar.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #116
George S Davis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gin View Post
Sadly the first one that showed up the packaging was damaged and so was the bar. The replacement one showed up even worse - a complete end of the tube was gone and the sleeve completely exposed. Upon examination of the bar it was bent nicely. I still have the first bar and it does spin nicely with the bearings. I like the look of the coating too. But I haven't loaded anything on it knowing that it is going back as soon as I get a good replacement bar.
Mike, thanks for the info! I'm hoping, those bars were just part of a bad batch. I've had several barbells shipped through the mail from Rogue and Again Faster with no damage to them. I really want to give this new company a shot, but this makes me a bit leery of having it shipped to the east coast.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #117
Mike Gin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S Davis View Post
Mike, thanks for the info! I'm hoping, those bars were just part of a bad batch. I've had several barbells shipped through the mail from Rogue and Again Faster with no damage to them. I really want to give this new company a shot, but this makes me a bit leery of having it shipped to the east coast.
Everything else I ordered from them came in fine shape FYI. And I ordered a fair amount of stuff. So far they have been very apologetic and are trying to make this right. Unfortunately I think their shipping company is a little rough on their stuff...
Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #118
Maximus Lewin

Profile:

I recieved this from Abmat:

CrossFit East Bay,

Over the last several weeks, we've been hearing about a newer equipment supplier serving the CrossFit community called Get Rx'd. We were surprised to find out that Get Rx'd has been selling a device they label as AbMats (custom logo AbMats, no less). Why the surprise? The reason is because they aren't a distributor of ours, and since we are the exclusive manufacturer of the AbMat®, it stands to reason that Get Rx'd should not be able to sell any branded AbMats - and certainly not for $15.00 each.

Having looked into it deeper, Get Rx'd and Michael Lian are in fact selling a Chinese-made knock off product that appears to violate both the patent and the registered trademark that we hold. It should be noted that Michael Lian and Get Rx'd have never even attempted to contact us in order to set up a licensed wholesale distribution arrangement. (We have made the attempts to contact them, though.) It seems fairly obvious that Get Rx'd's intent has been to profit on this product without compensating the product's inventor and the company that has invested 13+ years in the product.

We appreciate all of your efforts to make AbMats available to CrossFitters, and the last thing we want to see is you caught up in legal proceedings. We have many quality distributors of our proudly-American-made AbMat®, but Get Rx'd is not one of them. Feel free to contact us for a list of authorized AbMat® distributors.

We are contacting you to let you know we are aware of the situation and are taking steps to address it. If you become aware of other instances of this type of behavior or activity, please contact us by e-mail or phone (toll-free 888-330-7080).
Sincerely,

Kyle McCarter
President and Proud Owner, Body Core
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This does not give me a lot of confidence in this company - also I see they have not responded to this concern which has been raised before.

I run a super-high traffic affiliate (250 people in a 1000 sq ft + parking lot space).

We beat the crap out of our stuff.

Only 1/30 bars purchased from Rogue has failed (1 Bella bearings on one side failed and jammed) in five years.

We also just got a GHD from Again Faster that is AMAZING for $450.00 (on sale at Regional)

https://www.againfaster.com/en/searc...search.page_en (WFS)

I'm going to be doing a huge equipment order in the near future (10s of thousands) and will only be considering these two companies.

I can tell you after many years in the game I have regretted most purchases not from these vendors:

Wright Rubber - garbage - plates are essentially disposable, even 25s break after some time. Med Balls have mostly failed
Christian's Fitness Factory - Med balls are a joke - ALL have failed
Power Systems - Kettlebells fall apart

Rogue is a bit more expensive than Again Faster but has absolutely sterling professional customer service. Again Faster equipment quality is also ever so slightly better (overbuilt).

Max Lewin
- Trainer since 2006
- Affiliate since 2007

"I ran a 3 minute mile, but it was only 1/2 a mile" - Coach on range of motion
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #119
Brad Yeager

Profile:

To clarify our e-mail and any mention of "caught up in legal proceedings," there is due diligence necessary outside of any threat of suing anyone that includes researching by interview to ascertain the extent of illicit sales of an infringing product. We don't want anyone to lose time to this process in any way. We don't want this to be an inconvenience for unsuspecting consumers. Who wants to be contacted for legal matters even to be interviewed to establish someone else's guilt??

Of course, there is the reality is that resold infringing products have consequences attached to them for those doing the reselling whether at the wholesale or retail level. That is why patent and trademark protections exist. The inventor of the product should be a beneficiary of product sold. The company paying to maintain licensing, patent(s), and trademark(s) should be the beneficiary of product sold.

People just trying to make a quick buck on a protected product or service after the hardest work is done should not be rewarded. Cheaters don't deserve to win.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #120
Chris Jurica

Profile:

Just bought the power cage and pieced together on Sunday. I added 2-45# bumpers (one on each side) to the rear and kipped away (5'9" 180lb) with no rocking or minimal enough to not through off the movement. money well spent!

Question -
See attached image of power cage. Any ideas on some sort of adapter or extension to add to one of the bottom holes on each leg (to hang additional weights, bumbers, etc.) in the front for added stability? Most power cages come with attachements to hang or stack weights on the sides of legs as well? Although it doesn't rock for me I always like added support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_jan_25_1_57_36_pm_1.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	9429