CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Why are crossfitters so A$%L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald C. Scott View Post
Ok i cant spell well but who will answer the question. Iam not strereo typeing any one its just what i have seen an read here in this site.
Ok, do you have any specific posts or posters to support your claim, or are you just going to speak in generalities? I've seen very few people who are blindly tied to CF.com workouts while dismissing everything else--plenty of people use programs like SS, MEBB, 5/3/1, Oly-specific programs, Westside, CFE, etc. Even people who don't do those programs at least recognize their validity based on what a person's goals are. I can't recall anyone being told "shut up and go do the CF.com WODs" unless it's a case of someone trying to make GPP overly complicated when they clearly don't understand what they're talking about. Anytime someone makes a claim like "you have to do strict Zone/Paleo" there are plenty of other people to counter that with evidence of other plans that can work based on the individual and goals.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #12
Brent Eno

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald C. Scott View Post
This is common every where ive been an on all the board. Why do crossfitters belive they are the end all to all workout programs. Everthing works crossfit is fun an i love the workouts but the pepole are just nuts. They are all quick to shoot down some ones workout or nutrition when over 80% of them are not certified to give any advise at all. So as they say in the middle east "why like this" Crossfit is fun i have been doing it off an on since 2005 an i love it but the pepole need to wake up to reality an stop being stuck up a%&holes every one has there own opion an this one is mine. Live strong crossfit.
"i called no one an A-hole"

You called all of us ***holes, troll. As Eric said, give us some examples.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #13
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Not really sure what the OP is talking about...but Brent your new avatar is the bees-knees!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #14
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Since there has been no mention of english being your second language, I'm going to assume it is.

First, you came to the Crossfit board, which is populated by CFers, run by CFers, moderated by CFers (and at least 2 powerlifters), which is about CF and make an unqualified "CFer are *******s". Not some, not most, not a majority, not the 5 I've met, but a blanket "CFers are *******s". I will remind you that this was done on the CF boards.

In addition to the above, you offered no solution, or hypothesis of why this would be. If you had, that might have been a point for discussion or debate, but sadly, none was offered.

You then ask us to answer your question though you couldn't take the time to spell check (computers and firefox have spell checking), proof read or otherwise form your post into something that bare even a passing resemblence to accepted gramatical structure.

I have written several posts on my opinions on why CFers that have the attitude you mention have it, what causes it and what can be done to address it. And you might have very well gotten a similar response from me had you

1 Given example of a behavior of a CFer you found distastefull
2 Proffered your own hypothesis as to why
3 Qualified your statement as not to insinuate every CFer had those qualities
4 A modicum of puncuation, gramatical structure and had spelling little better than an inebriated dyslexic

and lastly

5 were less of a ****ing troll.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #15
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Thanks for stopping by.