CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #251
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:
Re: My Midlife Crisis

Good job. You probably prevented a robbery. A package that was dropped in front of my house yesterday by UPS was stolen in the five minutes my wife was gone. Sigh.

I just did day one of Week Two of the Recon Ron program. I decided to step it up to Week Two. But it was very challenging to finish the workout and my left forearm is hurting pretty badly. I might take tomorrow off for pullups.

If I recover enough I am going to try a couplet tonight of 400 meter runs and push presses.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #252
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I was able to finish four rounds of:

400 meter runs
135 lb push presses X 5

in 17:56.

I just barely finished this one. I actually quit and started in after the third round, but then changed my mind and finished the workout. The 400 meter jogs are definitely starting to get easier.

I think I have been more dedicated than ever since I returned from my operation layoff. I am anxious to test myself on some of my personal benchmark workouts such as "The Track Workout", "Cindy" and "The Mile, KB, Mile" triplet. I will give myself some time to hit these metcon workouts as hard as I can in order to make progress. Then, in September when I celebrate six months in CrossFit, I will test myself again and measure my progress.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #253
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin R. Greene View Post
Good job. You probably prevented a robbery. A package that was dropped in front of my house yesterday by UPS was stolen in the five minutes my wife was gone. Sigh.

I just did day one of Week Two of the Recon Ron program. I decided to step it up to Week Two. But it was very challenging to finish the workout and my left forearm is hurting pretty badly. I might take tomorrow off for pullups.

If I recover enough I am going to try a couplet tonight of 400 meter runs and push presses.
Thanks, Ben. Don't know if anything would have come of it (it might have been nothing), but you never know. Sorry about your wife's package.

Hope you're not ending up with any inflammation......you are wise to listen to you body and take time off if you need to.

Quote:
I was able to finish four rounds of:

400 meter runs
135 lb push presses X 5

in 17:56.

I just barely finished this one. I actually quit and started in after the third round, but then changed my mind and finished the workout. The 400 meter jogs are definitely starting to get easier.

I think I have been more dedicated than ever since I returned from my operation layoff. I am anxious to test myself on some of my personal benchmark workouts such as "The Track Workout", "Cindy" and "The Mile, KB, Mile" triplet. I will give myself some time to hit these metcon workouts as hard as I can in order to make progress. Then, in September when I celebrate six months in CrossFit, I will test myself again and measure my progress.
Nice work on the 400m/push press workout! Six month benchmarks are good tests. That reminds me that I need to re-evaluate and re-set mine. Take care!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #254
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I have a new goal: the Marines to a 5k obstacle course/run every year here in Bakersfield. It will happen October 2nd. I am determined to finish.

In order to be prepared, I need to keep working on my running and add in some rope climbing practice. To that end I will be ordering my rope for my home gym.

I am determined to make up for my last fiasco where I ended up walking about the last half of a 5k. The memory of that unpleasant day motivates me to get ready for October 2nd.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #255
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I was in some pretty severe discomfort this morning from all the soreness from my workouts, so I am taking the evening off. Perhaps tomorrow I will be ready to hit it hard again.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #256
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I just couldn't help myself. I had to do day two of Week Two of the Recon Ron program. My left forearm is pretty sore, so I should probably consider doing something else tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #257
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Today's WOD:

3 rounds of

400 meters
135 lb deadlifts X 21
12 HSPUs

This one pushed me to my very limits. I was almost unable to finish the last set of HSPUs. The workout seemed like it wasn't going to be that hard when I read it, but it was very challenging. My forearms are still hurting pretty severely, especially my left one. I need to start working on pushing exercises instead of pulling ones and give my forearms a rest.

I finished it in 24:11.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #258
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Today's WOD:

3 rounds of

400 meters
135 lb deadlifts X 21
12 HSPUs

This one pushed me to my very limits. I was almost unable to finish the last set of HSPUs. The workout seemed like it wasn't going to be that hard when I read it, but it was very challenging. My forearms are still hurting pretty severely, especially my left one. I need to start working on pushing exercises instead of pulling ones and give my forearms a rest.

I finished it in 24:11.
There are so many of these WODs which I group into the "Sneaky Pete" category - - look easy on paper/on the computer, but are pretty nasty to do. Nice work, Ben. Even with the break between the DLs and the runs (with the HSPUs), the DLs still trash your legs for the runs. As for the forearm(s), if I might suggest, try some self-administered deep tissue massage (press really hard or use a LaCrosse ball) and "R.I.C.E." Don't give up on the pulling exercises completely - - perhaps some light lat pulldowns.....

Take care! Blessings to you and yours!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #259
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I raised my rings in order to provide a greater range of motion. It made ring dips much more challenging. I could only do a maximum of three.

Also, my left forearm is shot. Time for "RICE" treatment indeed.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #260
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I am up in lovely Visalia, California. I have a case here tomorrow. I am enjoying a badly needed day off. I can really feel all the running I have done in my legs and the ring dips in my upper body. You grow when you are resting, and it is time for me to grow.