CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Blake E Burleson

Profile:
G2S med balls?

Has anyone else had trouble ordering the G2S med balls off the site? They were on there last week, but now I cannot find them anywhere! I am also having trouble getting anyone from the store to reply to email, and they never seem to be on the live chat. Please tell me they are still making them and are just back ordered!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Eric Ward

Profile:
Re: G2S med balls?

CFF has just released a medicine ball:

[WFS] http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....ine-Ball-20-lb

great service, check them out
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Kris Murphy

Profile:

I've had nothing but headaches in my few dealings with G2 customer support.

It's interesting that their G2 balls aren't on the site, only the Powermax balls are listed. I wonder if this has anything to do with their propensity to get very lopsided, or if they're just out of stock.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ward View Post

We have a bunch of their balls. Nice people over there for sure. I wish they were 13", though, like the Dynamax. They work just fine, IMO, and the money saved was used to buy equipment that is used a lot more often (bumpers, bars, etc.).

Ryan
Old 07-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Geoff Spakes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ward View Post

Okay, that $35 price point seems almost too good...anyone use these before? How to the hold up to missed catches on wall balls? How about some of the lighter weight ones (13 lb) they have on the site? It sure would be nice to not have to spend $100+ for something that isn't used too often nor is abused too bad.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
Kris Murphy

Profile:

I put in an order for one of the CFF 20lb balls, we'll see if they hold their shape better than the G2 balls.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Mike Gin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Spakes View Post
Okay, that $35 price point seems almost too good...anyone use these before? How to the hold up to missed catches on wall balls? How about some of the lighter weight ones (13 lb) they have on the site? It sure would be nice to not have to spend $100+ for something that isn't used too often nor is abused too bad.
Check out this thread - http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48191 (w/f/s)

So far I'm pleased with both of them - the CFF ball is starting to get better grip wise. I'm trying to keep my daughter from doing her balance trick on them so they don't get all out of shape. But with some manipulating I'm able to get them back to pretty much round again.

Kris, regarding the balls that got out of shape on you and would bounce all over the place - perhaps they are standing too far away from the target/wall? Seems like when I do them I'm pretty close to the wall and therefore the ball just kisses the target and drops straight down. I've had a few beginners try the wall ball and they get nervous with the ball practically over their head so they back up some. Makes catching them more difficult, that's for sure.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Thomas V. Rivera

Profile:

CrossFitters,

On the G2 MED BALL, we've been trying to keep these in stock. Right now we have another shipment coming in and many to give out. We apologize for any inconvience this has caused. We taken them down to catch up with the orders. We will have them up in about a week or two.

**Regarding the comments on the G2 Med ball being lopsided or deforming we apologize. As you know the more you mass produce the likely hood of this somtimes increases, however this is no excuse and we have taken steps to correct this issue. We do not take this lightly. Our manufacture has provided us with samples of the corrected G2 Med balls and they do not deform or get off centered!. We have added unique material that will keep the Med balls centered. I'm very thankful for all your constructive cristicism, as with any company, this makes us better! Please feel free to provide suggestions on any products etc. We have always tried to be the first to provide low cost, high quality CrossFit Equipment. It's my hope we can continue to serve our community. We have always stayed committed to the community, everything we do is for the growth of CrossFit. We have always felt that price should never be an issue to do CrossFit here in the U.S. and globally. I have alwasy been open to anyone contacting me and I always respond quickly. I wish I can be on the boards more often. Train Hard! Thank you.

Thomas V. Rivera
V.P.
Thomas@TheGarageGymStore.com
www.TheGarageGymStore.com (WFS)
Old 07-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
Kris Murphy

Profile:

Thanks for the post Thomas. It's good to hear you're working on the lopsided issue. I work in quality assurance and I know first hand how you can test the holy heck out of a product but never really know how it will hold up once it hits the real world. Overall the G2 products kick butt!