CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
John Burrow

Profile:
Kirkland CrossFit's 2nd Annual Firefighter/Police CrossFit Challenge August 8, 2009

We're hosting our 2nd annual event raising the value and importance of "functional fitness" to members of the fire, police, and military communities. This event is a fundraising event, all proceeds go to the Northwest Burn Foundation. This is a responsible charity organization that promotes fire safety, hosts burn camps for burn victims, Seattle's Harborview Medical Center is the Burn Center for the Northwest-NW Burn Foundation provides supplimental housing for families as their loved ones spend months in recovery at HMC Burn Center.

This is a publically viewed event. This event is open to all Firefighters, Police Officers, and Military personnel to compete.

Saturday August 8, 2009
Marymoor Park in Redmond, WA

http://northshorefirefoundation.file...ation-form.pdf

contact John at kirklandcrossfit@hotmail.com for more details
Old 05-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Joel Secan

Profile:
Re: Kirkland CrossFit's 2nd Annual Firefighter/Police CrossFit Challenge August 8, 20

John, trying to round up as many guys as I can to compete this year. Good luck to any of you guys competing in the qualifiers, wish I could go watch but I'll be out of town. Let us know if you need any help with your event.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
John Burrow

Profile:
Re: Kirkland CrossFit's 2nd Annual Firefighter/Police CrossFit Challenge August 8, 20

Joel- NW Qualifiers was an intense competition as you probably have heard by now. Our event details are falling in place well, and I'm stoked to see more than 1 Bothell Fire rep this year!! Don't feel like you have to have a team to come play, we'll still have an individual event.
JB
Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Travis Rask

Profile:
CF event

Nice...I will be one week off probation for this one...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
John Burrow

Profile:

Travis-
Shoot me an email and I'll send you some info, kirklandcrossfit@hotmail.com. What department do you work for?
John
Old 05-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Travis Rask

Profile:

Cool! Email sent.

I'm currently a proby with Snohomish County Fire District 7.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #7
Mike Neill

Profile:

Aug. 8 - same day as the Seattle edition of the Navy SEAL Fitness Challenge.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
John Burrow

Profile:

...yeah, not by choice. We've rented our spot at Marymoor Park almost a year ago. Are you participating in either of these competitions?
John
Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
John Burrow

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Neill View Post
Aug. 8 - same day as the Seattle edition of the Navy SEAL Fitness Challenge.
...yeah, not by choice. We've rented our spot at Marymoor Park almost a year ago. Are you participating in either of these competitions?
John
Old 06-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #10
Mike Neill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Burrow View Post
John
When I made the post I had planned to do the SEAL Challenge but recently was invited to jump on a carryover of Glacier Peak 8/7-8/10. Given the difficulty of finding people willing and able to bash their way to that mountain, I am opting for the climb.