CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Shawn Hultquist

Profile:
now dip free what diet?

Hey guys and gals now that this old redneck is dip free what diet would one suggest and why? I have been eating pretty healthy just not true zone or paleo.

Typical day latey has been

8:00 3 eggs, ground sausage, handful of grapes, banana.

10:30 apple

12:30 roastbeef sandwich 1.5 cup of steamed veggies or 2cans of tuna, or protein shake (42 grams)

3:00 apple

5:00-6:00 10 to 12oz lean beef, chicken, or fish, 2 cups steamed veggies, ceasar salad big bowl light the on dressing.

9:30 - 10:30 handful of nuts (almonds or cashews) and fruit.

This has been working ok but now I would like to really lean out for summer any suggestions besides the forum regulators telling me to do a search. What can I fix here? what can I eat more of and less of or none of? Thanks. I have looked on Dr sears website and printed out the zone approved foods just curious what seems to work better. I know it works different for everyones body just some help.

shawn
Old 03-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Scott Allen Hanson

Profile:
Re: now dip free what diet?

Shawn,

You might try decreasing the fruit, especially late in the day, and replacing with either more leafy green stuff or fat.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
Shawn Hultquist

Profile:

ok will do.

I am 70.5" and 195lbs, with 7.5" wrist.

How much fruit is too much? I guess I need to look at a zone block chart for the zone diet but what about paleo?

Shawn
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Moran Bentzur

Profile:

Shawn, your diet is 90% on the money.
First thing add fish oil in capsules or liquid.
You seem to have the "eat every 3 hours" habit down. excellent. Your food choices seem good (practicaly paleo). The one thing I would recommend is to try and get protein with your snacks. Instead of an apple, you can eat an apple + some meat or eggs or tuna or cheese.
The main idea behind the Zone diet is hormonal balance which is an outcome of eating carbs and protein in every meal and in the right proportion. After this you can start thinking about blocks and adjust your total intake to your goals (increase/reduce BF% and weight).