CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
Richard Hancock
Member Richard Hancock is offline
 
Richard Hancock's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin  Texas
Posts: 116
Lead, they will follow

I will try to keep this short, but I am so excited about this system! I am 53 years old and my twenty something co-workers are asking if they can join me in my workouts.

I teach gymnastics, with a bunch of college gymnasts. They all want to know how I am getting so buff, so defined, how I am able, SUDDENLY, to accomplish some of the skills I play with during my lessons. I am multiple muscle-upping, got a muscle up on a bar, got handstand push ups, all day long, even closing in on a planche (I don't believe in straddling), trampoline work is really kicking now that my legs are so strong, etc, etc, etc.


Two months now, of being able to complete the workouts, even though my times are bad, my loads are minimal, in comparison, and I occasionally puke before I finish (but I DO finish), has rendered me noticably more fit.

This has SOOOOO helped my stunt career, and I am sharing this training with my stunt class.

My wife saw me in the shower and wants to know what happened to me. Even people I don't know ask me what I am doing to stay in shape.

Thank you Crossfit! OMG, this is awesome!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Sarena Kopciel
Member Sarena Kopciel is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monsey  NY
Posts: 2,042
Re: Lead, they will follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hancock View Post
I will try to keep this short, but I am so excited about this system! I am 53 years old and my twenty something co-workers are asking if they can join me in my workouts.

I teach gymnastics, with a bunch of college gymnasts. They all want to know how I am getting so buff, so defined, how I am able, SUDDENLY, to accomplish some of the skills I play with during my lessons. I am multiple muscle-upping, got a muscle up on a bar, got handstand push ups, all day long, even closing in on a planche (I don't believe in straddling), trampoline work is really kicking now that my legs are so strong, etc, etc, etc.


Two months now, of being able to complete the workouts, even though my times are bad, my loads are minimal, in comparison, and I occasionally puke before I finish (but I DO finish), has rendered me noticably more fit.

This has SOOOOO helped my stunt career, and I am sharing this training with my stunt class.

My wife saw me in the shower and wants to know what happened to me. Even people I don't know ask me what I am doing to stay in shape.

Thank you Crossfit! OMG, this is awesome!
NICE!! Shall I assume your nutrition in order as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Jake Oleander
Member Jake Oleander is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 540
Re: Lead, they will follow

stunt career? how does one get into that business? i would love to know everything you know about being/becoming a stuntman. please pm me if you have the time!
- but whats up with not believing in straddling? thats a pretty big jump to just go right into a full planche
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
Richard Hancock
Member Richard Hancock is offline
 
Richard Hancock's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin  Texas
Posts: 116
Re: Lead, they will follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Oleander View Post
stunt career? how does one get into that business? i would love to know everything you know about being/becoming a stuntman. please pm me if you have the time!
- but whats up with not believing in straddling? thats a pretty big jump to just go right into a full planche
First, the straddle thing--my first gymnastics coach was a bear, and some of his old-school nastiness lingers. Most anybody would want to build from straddle planche into full planche, especially if new to this skill. I am not, and have access to a great many aids in building this skill.

Second --what is PM-ing? Anyway, stunts is a VERY tight-knit, kind of keep others out kind of business. I am on my way to retirement, so I don't have those same insecurities and would be glad to share my knowledge. I strated thirty years ago and things were different. One did NOT go to movie sets to promote one's self. Now, it is an accepted method of marketing and networking. The hardest part is knowing how to train and prepare for this type of endeavor, and that is why I am teaching a stunt class. But that is in Austin, Texas, and is a small-scale operation, in a large scale gymnastics school. I am easy to find at www.richardhancockstunts.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Richard Hancock
Member Richard Hancock is offline
 
Richard Hancock's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin  Texas
Posts: 116
Re: Lead, they will follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena Kopciel View Post
NICE!! Shall I assume your nutrition in order as well?
I think I eat fairly healthfully. I eat mostly organics and do not short myself my proteins. But as far as a real nutrition program, no. I try to eat regularly (4-5 small meals/day), and healthy-like, helathy snacks to ward off the hunger bug, and I don't worry much beyond that. I know it is the MOST important aspect of one's fitness, and I know that I should be more careful and more regimented, but I am not trying to become the most fit 53-year old alive, just in shape, and looking like it. I am probably more vain than responsible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #6
Jake Oleander
Member Jake Oleander is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 540
Re: Lead, they will follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hancock View Post
First, the straddle thing--my first gymnastics coach was a bear, and some of his old-school nastiness lingers. Most anybody would want to build from straddle planche into full planche, especially if new to this skill. I am not, and have access to a great many aids in building this skill.

Second --what is PM-ing? Anyway, stunts is a VERY tight-knit, kind of keep others out kind of business. I am on my way to retirement, so I don't have those same insecurities and would be glad to share my knowledge. I strated thirty years ago and things were different. One did NOT go to movie sets to promote one's self. Now, it is an accepted method of marketing and networking. The hardest part is knowing how to train and prepare for this type of endeavor, and that is why I am teaching a stunt class. But that is in Austin, Texas, and is a small-scale operation, in a large scale gymnastics school. I am easy to find at www.richardhancockstunts.com
Just posting to say I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks a lot, Rich. Your resume is quite impressive. If I ever find myself in Texas I will surely stop by your gym.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lead Generating Rob Izsa Running a CrossFit Facility 2 03-07-2008 01:03 PM
Pistols- Can they lead to muscle imbalance? Travis Hall Exercises 21 07-01-2007 03:54 AM
Can too much fish oil lead to a stroke? Matthew Townsend Nutrition 4 03-23-2006 11:44 AM
Lead me not into temptation... TOO LATE Jamila Bey Nutrition 6 02-10-2006 10:46 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.