CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #21
Tim Barcelon

Profile:
Re: Tim's WOD Log

had the echocardiogram today and the tech said that my heart looked fine! have to wear a monitor for two weeks but other than that i can start training come monday! cant wait, still seems like its so far away! i'm planning on doing two-a-days so i can catchup on the the WOD's without missing a step. we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #22
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

i have just been messing around with pushups and stretching. boring. cant wait to add some intensity.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

just ordered a pair of Elite Rings II from ringtraining.com. price was 71.95.
picked up an agility ladder too because it was $20 off when you buy a pair of rings. woohoo!!! can't wait till these arrive!

Last edited by Tim Barcelon : 02-21-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #24
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

one more day!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #25
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

Don't call it a comeback.. I've been here for years... lol

Finally!!! cant wait to wake up tomorrow and hit the gym! back to work and training!

now it's time to play catch-up. gonna do the WOD (shoulder press, push press, and push jerk in the a.m. and 02.16.08's WOD (5K row) in the p.m.

kinda anxious about the day-after-tomorrow's WOD cause i'm gonna have to two-a-day it with "Annie". haven't done double-unders... ever! so we'll see how it goes.

gonna be a tough week... lovin it already!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #26
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

First workout in a week and it was amazing!

I didn't get to do the 5K row because of certain circumstances but i managed to do today's WOD. It was the very first time doing this workout and I wasn't really sure how to approach it. I did the push jerk 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps on 02.06.08 and my weight then was 155#. however, i knew that i could have done more weight but was afraid of dropping the metal plates at my globo-gym. i found that if i raise the safety bars on the power cage that i could easily drop the bar and not have so much noise from the bar falling. so i was all ready to set some press PR's!

here's how it went:

CFWU:
3 rounds 12 reps

Shoulder press:
155# x 1
165# x 1
205# x miss
205# x 1 (PR)
205# x miss

Push press:
185# x 3
205# x 3
210# x 2, 2 misses
210# x 1, 1 miss
205# x 3 (PR)

Push jerk:
155# x 5
165# x 5
185# x 5 (PR)
195# x 4, 1 miss
195# x 4, 1 miss

i was angry that i couldn't get that last rep on the push jerk! all i had to do was lock out my elbows and for some reason i just wasn't able to.

all in all it was an amazing day! set 3 new PR's!

really tho... i'm setting PR's every time i do a WOD cause it's my first time doing it LOL!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #27
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

Task:

Five rounds for time of:
400 meter Run (treadmill - 2 degree incline)
50 Squats
30 Back extensions (subbed prone leg raises)

time = 28:24

man was this WOD ever difficult! first round was fine but when i got to the 2nd 400m run my legs and back were seizing. i couldn't believe it. it was only the 2nd round!

by the end of the workout i could barely move. my back was in traction. i spent a good 20 minutes stretching and cursing.

LOVED EVERY MINUTE! next time i have to complete this WOD sub-25min!

i subbed prone leg raises for back extensions because we only had 1 GHD, 1 45 degree back extension station, and a station for prone leg raises. i got the short end of the stick and got stuck with the last station.

i had 2 other friends train with me today and they were a great motivating force! shout out to Reeza and Andrea! you guys are soldiers for real!

Last edited by Tim Barcelon : 02-26-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #28
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Tim,

Nice numbers there - strength and metcons (especially Fran). You already have a solid foundation in strength. So, I bet coming into CrossFit was a short learning curve for you, eh?! Metcons, no matter what background and fitness base a person has, have proven to be brutal. I'm an endurance chick, they kick my a$$ each time. Running can be your friend, make sure you have the right shoes -- makes a world of difference. Check out your nearest specialty running store and "running shoes expert" -- it's worth the investment.
But then again, running barefoot is better ONLY if you are an efficient runner to begin with.

Later.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude View Post
Tim,

Nice numbers there - strength and metcons (especially Fran). You already have a solid foundation in strength. So, I bet coming into CrossFit was a short learning curve for you, eh?! Metcons, no matter what background and fitness base a person has, have proven to be brutal. I'm an endurance chick, they kick my a$$ each time. Running can be your friend, make sure you have the right shoes -- makes a world of difference. Check out your nearest specialty running store and "running shoes expert" -- it's worth the investment.
But then again, running barefoot is better ONLY if you are an efficient runner to begin with.

Later.
thanks Grace! The metcons are killers! that's why i like doing CrossFit training, it's way different from doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps with 30s rest in between. i still love the WOD's that test a persons 1RM but i am glad that those only come around once in a while. I love to get my butt kicked by metcons!

i actually was getting into running before winter started. i bought a pair of saucony's at a running room in my area, damn were they expensive. i figured it's worth dishing out the cash for a pair of shoes that will give you comfort and support. my goal was to run a half marathon in may, then i ended up getting a stress fracture not too long ago from doing plyometrics with nike free 7.0's. i guess they didn't have enough cushioning for the type of jumping i was doing. live and learn tho. so my training for that has fallen to the back burner. i have to start running long distance again.

after doing yesterday's WOD my legs and back are shot! lots of stretching today!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #30
Tim Barcelon

Profile:

I woke up looked at the WOD and was praying that the rings I ordered would come in before I headed out to the gym. I really wanted to complete this WOD as Rx'd. Next thing I knew... the doorbell rings and there is the courier with the package! I went to the gym strapped the rings onto the chinup bar on one of the squat racks and started practicing the dips. I can do almost 60 straight bar dips with perfect form, i barely did 6 (almost good form) dips on the rings! I really underestimated the strength that it takes to stabilize yourself on the rings. Needless to say I did the WOD with bar dips instead of ring dips. More practice is needed.

Task:

7 rounds for time of:
10 - 95# Sumo-deadlift high-pull
10 - Ring dips

Scaled to:
5 rounds:
10 - 95# SDHP
30 - Bar dips

Time = 11:08