CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Michael Latch

Profile:
It's the same old story, but worth reading anyway!

A friend of mine from Ohio emailed me this today:

"I volunteered to teach instructors for an Adaptive Air Rifle team last night, but I had some time before it started so I hit the university gym at about 4:30 last night. I got some nice heavy FS triples in, then did some presses.

Well, I ended up laughing quite a bit because other than the bit I squeezed in the cage for FS, both cage/racks were full the ENTIRE time I was there, and curls were the only thing done in them all night. There was actually a line of guys waiting for the cage, and when one pair of guys finished the next set of 2-3 guys would roll in and curl their pretty little hearts out. One pair had a 2 1/2 pound plate on each end for their sets.

We have fixed-weight bars as well, which is what I used for the presses, they go from 20# up to 110#, and a couple of the smaller ones were in use, for curls of course. On the way out I looked around one last time, and on dumbell rack # 1, there were five guys, shoulder to shoulder, all doing curls facing the mirror. On dumbell rack #2, there were six guys standing shoulder to shoulder, all doing curls facing the mirror. One of the guys was curling with empty hands, then his buddy would hand 'em over and continue curling empty-handed while he used the dumbells.

Both squat cages were full with a pair of guys curling, one guy would then do behind the back wrist curls with the bar on his *** between curl sets (this was the 2-1/2 pound plate pair) and two of the fixed-weight bars had guys doing curls facing each other, as all the mirror space was taken. One guy was benching with 95 pounds, all the other benches were empty. The cardio machines (a great number of them) were ALL full of cute girls and a couple older guys.

And people wonder why they aren't reaching their fitness goals!?!?!"

LOL!

Mike in L.A.
www.valleycrossfit.com
Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Frederic Giraud

Profile:
Re: It's the same old story, but worth reading anyway!

Hey at leas there was the cute girls on the cardio machines

Last time I was using the squat rack to actually do some ME back squat , I think it was one of those 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 Back Squat, and I was just beginning to warmup doing some 5s and 3s.

Then a big buffed guy and his buddy came to me to ask how much time would I need the squat rack , I then told them that It was going to be long since I'll be taking some breaks in-between each set, but that would leave them time to actually do some squats if they want. SO I asked them, well what weitgh you guys actually hit, we can share the bar no problem.

The big buffed guy answered: " Oh no, we want to do some curls."

I never understood, simply answered : "Ah" , put back the beat in the player and lifting I was.

The big buffed guy was "teaching" the less buffed guy on how to get some big buffed muscle thanks to some super nice currrrrrrls!

I had to force myself not to laugh really hard though when they told me it was for curls...LOLOL
Old 01-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
Júlíus Magnússon

Profile:

Curls in the squat rack... there's simply no better way for ultimate fitness.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Paul Findley

Profile:

"On the way out I looked around one last time, and on dumbell rack # 1, there were five guys, shoulder to shoulder, all doing curls facing the mirror."

See, when your are curling in the squat rack, its not so easy for two sweaty guys to make a "curling sandwich" out of you. Maybe it's not so strange after all. It's like a way of saying that your big guns are for your lady.