CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
Jay Ashman

Profile:
Sorry I've been so sparse the last several months. I have been working 3 jobs, training hard and haven't had too much time to post online...

Crossfit has helped me get my bodyweight to 265, lean, and helped me be able to run a 5 mile run in about 45 minutes. Which is good for a guy my size (or so I have been told).

This Saturday is our first game (www.readingrugby.com) and I earned myself the starting tightheadprop, again. :-)

Wish us luck and I'll see you here on the board.

Hopefully soon I will also have the funds to become a Crossfit affiliate and be able to use my business to promote crossfit methods and use Crossfit's good name to further my business. :-)

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Philly Crossfit picnic..I ended up having to work that morning and open the bar. :-(
Old 09-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
Andy Shirley

Profile:
Jay,
I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself as another crossfitting rugger. I also play tighthead(sometimes hooker or loosehead, but I love tighthead).
I have been playing with Nashville for the last 5 years, and just moved up to Baltimore--short term--for work. Just got done with my first practice up here with the D1 club, damn that field was hard. Both knees and elbows are covers with abrasions. So hard the coach told us to go ahead and wear trainers because studs are useless.
Feel free to peruse our site: (www.nashvillerugby.com)
and think about heading down for the NashBash in the Spring. It is a hell of a time.

Andy Shirley, better known on my club as "Loaf"
Old 09-14-2005, 05:37 AM   #3
Steve Shafley

Profile:
I am getting all fired up about rugby. I might come out of retirement in the spring. Damn, it's been a long time.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Jay Ashman

Profile:
I've been wearing molded soccer cleats now exclusively on harder fields because the studs are useless with them and kill your feet.

We lost our first game on a last second fluke try. Total luck for the other team, but that is the way it goes at times.

We did outplay the other team...they just got us in the end.

Oh well.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Steve Shafley

Profile:
I'd always have a pair of molded soccer cleats on hand for those hard fields. In Flint, MI, they hold a 10s tournament in August, and by that time it's usually backed hard and brown.