CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
Christian Lemburg

Profile:
Hi folks,

this weekend I had to clear a cypress hedge in our garden - 10 old cypress trees, about 3-4m high, which were too high and half dead. The previous house owners had not cut the hedge for years.

I managed to clear (cut down, dig out, uproot, and cut to pieces) the whole hedge in two 3 hour sessions, alone, with just a small electrical chainsaw, a spade, and a small axe.

First time my wife remarked something about saving money due to CrossFit - she thought we would have to call in "professionals" to clear the hedge.

BTW, this was an excellent workout! My admiration for all those folks out there doing something like this in their every day work.

Cheers,

Christian
Old 03-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:
Welcome to somewhat what I do for a hobby. I love the real world strength of my sport - lumberjack sports. It's all good stuff.

I haven't worked in the woods for nearly ten years. I haven't done arborist work for nearly 15 years. It's a hard job.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Dennis Yiatras

Profile:

I spent 3 hrs 2 weeks ago cutting up my neighbors branches that fell from his tree b/c of a ice storm. I can tell you my back was getting a workout from bending over cutting the branches and moving the pieces into a pile. Arborist = hard work..